Around what ATAR am I looking at to achieve? (1 Viewer)

kikiodonohue

HSC
I'm in Year 11 and I'm studying subjects that I don't believe would necessarily be considered advanced (with the exception of a few). Was capable of choosing more advanced subjects but wanted to study less demanding subjects in my senior years. Enjoying school much more now that I study subjects I actually enjoy and can excel at simultaneously. Here is a list of the subjects in order of difficulty I face (French being the easiest for me to Advanced English being the hardest, although I still do reasonably well in it)

Beginner's French
Hospitality
Visual Arts
PDHPE
Studies of Religion (1 unit)
Advanced English

I've been hearing that the "bad" scaling of some of the subjects of my subjects will apparently lower my ATAR. Wondering how much the scaling will have an affect? Let's say I do well in my subjects; what ATAR do you predict I will receive? What is the highest?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
assuming your school rank is around 200, id estimate ~75

dabatman

HSC
N/A
assuming your school rank is around 200, id estimate ~75
Although this may be true, anyone can achieve a high Atar as long as they put in maximum effort. For instance, a friend of mine managed to attain an Atar of 99.15 despite her low scaling subjects.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Although this may be true, anyone can achieve a high Atar as long as they put in maximum effort. For instance, a friend of mine managed to attain an Atar of 99.15 despite her low scaling subjects.
yeah you can get any atar with any combination

OP might state rank all their subjects and get 99.95

i am just talking about the average person at an average school

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)