Trials (1 Viewer)

highshill

HSC
What are trials and how do you study for them because apparently according to the current year 12 our school makes really difficult trials, so even though I will put in my best effort what happen if I don't get good marks in my trials.

Sp3ctre

HSC
Trial exams are basically an imitation of the actual HSC exams that your school writes to prepare you for the HSC, the type of questions and format of the exam will be very similar to the HSC and the time given for the exams will be the same as the HSC time limits. But unlike the HSC, trial exams are usually worth 20-40% of your internal mark, whereas the HSC (your external mark) is worth 50% of your overall mark. Don't worry about stuffing up your trial exams because overall they're only worth 10-20% of your final mark, your HSC marks are what matters most.

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
Trial exams are basically an imitation of the actual HSC exams that your school writes to prepare you for the HSC, the type of questions and format of the exam will be very similar to the HSC and the time given for the exams will be the same as the HSC time limits. But unlike the HSC, trial exams are usually worth 20-40% of your internal mark, whereas the HSC (your external mark) is worth 50% of your overall mark. Don't worry about stuffing up your trial exams because overall they're only worth 10-20% of your final mark, your HSC marks are what matters most.
I would also like to add but trials are the most stressful exam a year 12 would do because

1) It is usually "crammed" (especially if your school does it at the end of term 2)
2) It is usually more difficult than the HSC
3) It has the highest internal weighting (usually) so you're on the pressure to perform well or else your rank may drop significantly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)