Getting kicked out/EXPELLED for POOR PERFORMANCE in my trials... NEED OPINIONS. (1 Viewer)

ic1738

HSC
So, this is my current situation. I am in no shape or form attempting to gain your sympathy. I am open to all sorts of opinions/advice.

Forgive me if this is the wrong section to post this but,

I'm a Year 12 student, that just finished Paper 2.

On top of being a student, I'm a realtor.

On top of being a HS student, I've already begun my University Course for Financial Planning.

My reasoning for not focusing on HSC is simply: "Most people are completing their HSC examinations to get a high ATAR and from this, enter their University and degree of choice. Whilst me, I'm here for a piece of paper, to show that I've completed High School."

Problem is, word spread that I was entering my trials prepared to "flunk" them all, to my Principal. He has assumed my "performance" to be poor for the rest of my trials, and has already threatened to "dismiss" me from the School.

I am to meet with him tomorrow morning.

To me, I need my Higher School Certificate for my future employers to acknowledge that I have completed High School. However, with my current situation, it seems I will be unable to do so.

Side note: My school graduates in September, after trials. During the ceremony we receive a "certificate" that we have graduated from the school. Would this be sufficient to provide for my future employers? Or should I attempt to persuade my Principal into believing that I'll adequately, to their standards, complete my Trial and HSC examinations?

Further Side Note: I am fully aware that in the case of a "poor performance" in my HSC examinations, the students in my Cohort/subjects will all be negatively affected, and am prepared to make changes so as to ensure I do not affect them.

Thoughts and opinions? I would appreciate them.

sida1049

HSC
I think it should be sufficient to explain most of what you've mentioned here to your principal tomorrow morning. But on top of that, it might be in your interest to say that you're actively preparing and trying for your HSC so as to make the interview smoother.

Best of luck!

Z0

HSC
N/A
"I'll adequately, to their standards, complete my Trial and HSC examinations"

Answered yourself, goodluck

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
TBH I haven't met an employer other than tutoring that requires a hsc cert. they're gonna look at your degree.

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
I didn't bother to fully read what you posted but I reckon that it would be ridiculous for your school to "expel" you at this stage, especially when you're only a 2 months away from the HSC

highshill

HSC
If someone spread this rumour they cannot expel you unless you admit to it it's like someone spreading a rumour that you are bullying someone but you actually aren't they can't take someone else's word against you because it's like showing a unfair scenario as your perspective is not being accepted whilst someone else. I don't think your school can expel you many kids in NSW score very low in the trials and HSC below 30 percent that does not mean the school would expel them not that they are dumb but some are creative fellows and academic does not work with them, but can you at least try in the HSC give it your best go, so one day you won't regret that maybe if you performed well, just tell your principal you are trying your best. Good luck

OkDen

HSC
Uni Grad
"I'll adequately, to their standards, complete my Trial and HSC examinations"

Answered yourself, goodluck
+1

"You can be expelled from your school by your Principal at any age if you seriously misbehave. If you are over 17 years of age you can be expelled from your school by your Principal if you are not committed to your studies and your behaviour at school badly affects other people... If you’re over 17 years and you’re consistently not working properly at school, you can be expelled after you have had 1 written warning. "

Long story short, just complete your HSC to a reasonable standard if you want a HS Cert and no suspension/expulsion records (they are recorded in the school’s register).

GOOD LUCK!!

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
+1

"You can be expelled from your school by your Principal at any age if you seriously misbehave. If you are over 17 years of age you can be expelled from your school by your Principal if you are not committed to your studies and your behaviour at school badly affects other people... If you’re over 17 years and you’re consistently not working properly at school, you can be expelled after you have had 1 written warning. "

Long story short, just complete your HSC to a reasonable standard if you want a HS Cert and no suspension/expulsion records (they are recorded in the school’s register).

GOOD LUCK!!
To be honest I don't think anyone's going to care if you got suspended/expelled in year 12 (especially employers)

Considering the fact that your HSC is quite meaningless after HSC

sida1049

HSC
To be honest I don't think anyone's going to care if you got suspended/expelled in year 12 (especially employers)

Considering the fact that your HSC is quite meaningless after HSC
Getting suspended/expelled is a huge red flag for employers, especially if you don't have much to show to them. Why would you employ someone who got expelled? Either 1. they didn't put in enough effort in their own work or 2. they stir shit up, which in either case generally translates to negative desirability as an employee.

And yes, the HSC is meaningless after the HSC, in the same sense that a heart surgery is useless after the heart surgery. You're not going to tell everyone about your HSC marks a month afterwards, but it's the HSC that gives you the easiest route into a university course, which gives you the easiest route to the career you want.

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
Getting suspended/expelled is a huge red flag for employers, especially if you don't have much to show to them. Why would you employ someone who got expelled? Either 1. they didn't put in enough effort in their own work or 2. they stir shit up, which in either case generally translates to negative desirability as an employee.

And yes, the HSC is meaningless after the HSC, in the same sense that a heart surgery is useless after the heart surgery. You're not going to tell everyone about your HSC marks a month afterwards, but it's the HSC that gives you the easiest route into a university course, which gives you the easiest route to the career you want.
Ok my ideology is that a mindset of an 18 year old would be completely different to a 22 yr old applying for a full time job

Assuming that the applicant did nothing wrong for 4 years and had shown hard work and a positive attitude to learning (as well as good manners), I'm sure that although the applicant got expelled (dont quote me though), the employer would understand that his/her attitude changed over the course of 4 years

And as I said to be "expelled" for not having good trial results is incredibly stupid. OP would need to complain to someone about this

Esse

xD
HSC
N/A
Lmao ppl at my school legit came to trial exams and just sat there not even opening and attempting the paper........ and they didn't get expelled or suspended or w/e

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)