Thread: What's Crossroads like?

HSC

What's Crossroads like?

So I'm going off to crossroads camp pretty soon and am not sure exactly what you do there. From what I've gathered it's glorified pdhpe but is there some other stuff going on that I should be aware about. Sorry if this is a redundant thread, I'm just really confused as to what we'll be doing there.

HSC

Re: What's Crossroads like?

Idk if all Crossroads are the same, but mine was essentially a Yr11 version of pdhpe

Pretty much stuff on drugs, alcohol, contraception, safe driving, consent, etc etc
    Prelim: 3U Maths, Adv English, Society and Culture, Physics, Visual Arts, Legal Studies

ATAR Goal: 96+

HSC

Yup mine was a "camp" disguised as a study skills/pdhpe/welfare event, and went for 2 days. Our camp mainly had seminars from people about drinking, safe driving, and drugs. So your assessment of glorified pdhpe is pretty accurate.

I think completing crossroads is a mandatory requirement of Year 11 though.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird_14 View Post
    Yup mine was a "camp" disguised as a study skills/pdhpe/welfare event, and went for 2 days. Our camp mainly had seminars from people about drinking, safe driving, and drugs. So your assessment of glorified pdhpe is pretty accurate.

I think completing crossroads is a mandatory requirement of Year 11 though.
    Yup its compulsory. The kids in my grade who couldn't go to camp had to do a booklet at school. Apparently not completing the program means not being able to finish yr12 :/
    Prelim: 3U Maths, Adv English, Society and Culture, Physics, Visual Arts, Legal Studies

ATAR Goal: 96+

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by spaghettii View Post
    Yup its compulsory. The kids in my grade who couldn't go to camp had to do a booklet at school. Apparently not completing the program means not being able to finish yr12 :/
    Yeah that sounds right. But tbh, its not that bad, considering the majority of the grade doesn't take it seriously. I think the only thing I remember from crossroads is that writing with orange pen makes you remember more things or something.
    Searching for that HD WAM

2017: UNSW Advanced Science (Chemistry)

HSC 2016: Mathematics | English Adv. | Music 2 | Geography | Chemistry | Maths Ext. 1

Thread Information