Shouls I continue economics for HSC? (1 Viewer)

ILOVESCHOOL1234

HSC
Hello I have completed prelim this year with the following subejcts:
* Biology
*Drama
*Economics
*English adv
*English ext 1
*Math adv
*Math ext 1

-----------------------------------------------------------------
In the half yearlies I scored and 80% and above for English advanced (80%)and english ext 1(80%), biology(83%) and drama(80%).
I also scored 75% and below for Economics (75%), Math adv (48%) and math ext 1 (50%).

In the yearly exams I have so far , recieved the results for math advanced (49%), economics (50%), biology (73%) and math ext 1 (37%).

Judging from this my main concerns are math adv and economics. I have already decided to drop ext 1 math for year 12 but i am struggling whether to either, focus on economics or math more, or keep both of them and take up english ext 2.

I really love economics but I did not study as well for it compared to the half yearly. In the exam the biggest let down was multiple choice which I scored a 50%, the first part of the short answer question in which I did not fully remeber factors of supply and the extended response where I started off well but I used more statistical data and did not explain the question properly. I was told that these issues are very minor and can be fixed as I know the stuff but I need to remeber more and practise more

For advanced math, I studied hard but did not fully understand how to apply the concepts to the question. I was told that I need heaps of practise

I am struggling to choose for year 12 whether.......

*to drop economics and take up ext 2 english to focus on math more
* to just drop math ext 1 and try and focus on economics and math
*pick up ext 2 english , drop ext 1 math and see how it goes and if i am struggling I drop economics and math

Please help me and guide me in the right direction of what to do :)

Last edited:

Mathew587

HSC
Hello I have completed prelim this year with the following subejcts:
* Biology
*Drama
*Economics
*English adv
*English ext 1
*Math adv
*Math ext 1

-----------------------------------------------------------------
In the half yearlies I scored and 80% and above for English advanced (80%)and english ext 1(80%), biology(83%) and drama(80%).
I also scored 75% and below for Economics (75%), Math adv (48%) and math ext 1 (50%).

In the yearly exams I have so far , recieved the results for math advanced (49%), economics (50%), biology (73%) and math ext 1 (37%).

Judging from this my main concerns are math adv and economics. I have already decided to drop ext 1 math for year 12 but i am struggling whether to either, focus on economics or math more, or keep both of them and take up english ext 2.

I really love economics but I did not study as well for it compared to the half yearly. In the exam the biggest let down was multiple choice which I scored a 50%, the first part of the short answer question in which I did not fully remeber factors of supply and the extended response where I started off well but I used more statistical data and did not explain the question properly. I was told that these issues are very minor and can be fixed as I know the stuff but I need to remeber more and practise more

For advanced math, I studied hard but did not fully understand how to apply the concepts to the question. I was told that I need heaps of practise

I am struggling to choose for year 12 whether.......

*to drop economics and take up ext 2 english to focus on math more
* to just drop math ext 1 and try and focus on economics and math
*pick up ext 2 english , drop ext 1 math and see how it goes and if i am struggling I drop economics and math

Please help me and guide me in the right direction of what to do :)
What careers are you thinking of doing? Do they have anything to do with either eco or math?

ILOVESCHOOL1234

HSC
What careers are you thinking of doing? Do they have anything to do with either eco or math?
I am leanning towards marketing and media which requires reccomended knowledge of math advanced. I am doing economics because a marketing and media degree requires knowledge of economics and I thought doing this usbject is a kickstart. Do I have a better chance at getting a higher ATAR by dropping economics and doing eng ext2, or just doing economics and math, or doing math and economics and eng ext 2?

Mathew587

HSC
I am leanning towards marketing and media which requires reccomended knowledge of math advanced. I am doing economics because a marketing and media degree requires knowledge of economics and I thought doing this usbject is a kickstart. Do I have a better chance at getting a higher ATAR by dropping economics and doing eng ext2, or just doing economics and math, or doing math and economics and eng ext 2?
check ur pm :)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Honestly, it would be okay for you to drop economics, but you did okay in it previously so I'd work on identifying where you went wrong rather than dropping.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)