study schedule question (1 Viewer)

highshill

HSC
Hi everyone, hear 12 just started today but I have a question,
Many people have advised me to do three subjects a day and then rotate the subjects each day, rather than studying 5 subjects each day. But how should I do it. should it be like English advanced and mathematics compulsory each day but with one other subject such as biology or something else any suggestion from personal experience.

(Sorry if the structure is bad I wrote this in a rush)

Thanks

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
You probably wont even be able to study 3 subjects a day during weekdays, as you will probably spend most of the night doing hw. It might be a better idea to just study one or two of the subjects you have the next day. maths is a subject you gotta constantly work at if you're not a natural, but for English doing that everyday would honestly be so boring, you probably shouldn't write an essay for it straight away since you need to first understand the topic which may take a few weeks and there isn't much to do after you have written an essay, other than editing it and maybe doing some questions where you try to adapt it, which you will probably do towards the end of the topic and a week or two before the assessment.

Last edited:

highshill

HSC
You probably wont even be able to study 3 subjects a day during weekdays, as you will probably spend most of the night doing hw. It might be a better idea to just study one or two of the subjects you have the next day. maths is a subject you gotta constantly work at if you're not a natural, but for English doing that everyday would honestly be so boring, you probably shouldn't write an essay for it straight away since you need to first understand the topic which may take a few weeks and there isn't much to do after you have written an essay, other than editing it and maybe doing some questions where you try to adapt it, which you will probably do towards the end of the topic and a week or two before the assessment.
But our school does not give much homework, so I have plenty of spare time. So what should I do :awesome:

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
But our school does not give much homework, so I have plenty of spare time. So what should I do :awesome:
I guess you can do your three subject thing then, but just make sure to spend some time for leisure because studying that much constantly (assuming 3 subjects means like 3 hours a day on top of hw) is not good for your health

highshill

HSC
So how should I plan the schedule any suggestion

Last edited:

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
So how should I plan the schedule any suggestion
Base it off like subjects that you are about to do in class in the next two days, cause from that then you can get a head start on content before you come to class and can ask questions you might have had while reading over that content, while your teacher is covering it

highshill

HSC
Base it off like subjects that you are about to do in class in the next two days, cause from that then you can get a head start on content before you come to class and can ask questions you might have had while reading over that content, while your teacher is covering it
Sorry, if I am being annoying but our school has all its subject everyday what I mean is e.g maths, bio, eng adv, ancient history ,physics (my subjects) classes everyday and they make us cover a lot of content like any other school and unfortunately they teach it very badly too. :D

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry, if I am being annoying but our school has all its subject everyday what I mean is e.g maths, bio, eng adv, ancient history ,physics (my subjects) everyday and they make us cover a lot of content like any other school and unfortunately they teach it very badly too. :D
Oh mine only had 3 subjects a day. In that case just try to alternate the subjects you do max 4 a night cause you won't be able to cover each subject in depth everyday

highshill

HSC
Oh mine only had 3 subjects a day. In that case just try to alternate the subjects you do max 4 a night cause you won't be able to cover each subject in depth everyday
How lucky jazz519, I wish I went to your school, instead of my pressurising school oh well... wish you the best jazz519

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
How lucky jazz519, I wish I went to your school, instead of my pressurising school oh well... wish you the best jazz519
lol there were downsides hahaha we had 3 trials and like 7 assessments in total for English and like 6 for most other subjects

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)