12 Units for Hsc?? (1 Viewer)

studygirl118

HSC
Hi

I was told by our curriculum coordinator at school that it isn't really recommended to do 12 units for HSC, you should drop a subject. Is this true?
i am doing 12 units with pretty content heavy subjects Advanced English, Bio, Ancient History, CAFS, SOR 2 and maths but I wasn't planning on dropping anything, would you advise against doing 12 units though? I'm doing pretty well in most things.

asKim

HSC
Hi

I was told by our curriculum coordinator at school that it isn't really recommended to do 12 units for HSC, you should drop a subject. Is this true?
i am doing 12 units with pretty content heavy subjects Advanced English, Bio, Ancient History, CAFS, SOR 2 and maths but I wasn't planning on dropping anything, would you advise against doing 12 units though? I'm doing pretty well in most things.
I really recommend you choose a subject that you do perform the worst at or dislike, because in the HSC that only consider your top 10 units. So rather than dividing yur study time with all those subjects, remobe one and focus on the remainder more. :)

Sent from my HTC_0PKX2 using Tapatalk

Mathew587

HSC
Hi

I'd keep it. It's not that hard to do an extra 2 units. I know of more people who regret dropping units than keeping those extra 2 units.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Hi

Probs recommend dropping something to have more time and since you're doing well in all of them I'd drop CAFS since it probs won't count.

Kat92

HSC
I kept my 12 units, as I thought about what might potentially happen if I bombed out in one of my other subjects.

However, the decision you make depends on factors such as: time, future career aspirations, if you are feeling stressed in any of the classes and whether you think you would be able to manage doing a reasonable amount of study for each.

Robbie M

HSC
I think the general rule is: if you don't know what to drop, don't drop. You want to be 100% sure of dropping either disliking the subject or performing poorly, if you're dropping just for the sake of it you will mostly likely regret it.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
I had 12 at first with SOR 1, which dropped after a term, although I was doing well, it wouldn't have counted to my ATAR (so play around with that in ATAR calculators to see what types of marks you need for it to count or not. In the end I had 11 (ext 1 math practically has the work load of a 2 unit subject), and it was manageable. If it isn't impacting your marks anywhere else maybe you should keep it for a while like a term, and then assess what to drop as you never know you might regret dropping it so early

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)