Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mathew587

Thread: 12 Units for Hsc??

HSC

12 Units for Hsc??

Hi

I was told by our curriculum coordinator at school that it isn't really recommended to do 12 units for HSC, you should drop a subject. Is this true?
    i am doing 12 units with pretty content heavy subjects Advanced English, Bio, Ancient History, CAFS, SOR 2 and maths but I wasn't planning on dropping anything, would you advise against doing 12 units though? I'm doing pretty well in most things.

Cadet
    HSC

Re: 12 Units for Hsc??

Quote Originally Posted by studygirl118 View Post
    Hi

I was told by our curriculum coordinator at school that it isn't really recommended to do 12 units for HSC, you should drop a subject. Is this true?
    i am doing 12 units with pretty content heavy subjects Advanced English, Bio, Ancient History, CAFS, SOR 2 and maths but I wasn't planning on dropping anything, would you advise against doing 12 units though? I'm doing pretty well in most things.
    I really recommend you choose a subject that you do perform the worst at or dislike, because in the HSC that only consider your top 10 units. So rather than dividing yur study time with all those subjects, remobe one and focus on the remainder more.

Sent from my HTC_0PKX2 using Tapatalk

HSC

Hi

I'd keep it. It's not that hard to do an extra 2 units. I know of more people who regret dropping units than keeping those extra 2 units.
    studygirl118 likes this.
    HSC 2017
    English Advanced, Mathematics Advanced, Chemistry, Biology, Economics, Business Studies
    Atar goal: 90+
    HSC goal: Band 6 all subjects boiii

HSC

Hi

Probs recommend dropping something to have more time and since you're doing well in all of them I'd drop CAFS since it probs won't count.
    2016 HSC (Accelerated)
    // 2 Unit Maths // Studies of Religion 1 //

2017 HSC
    // Biology // Physics // Maths Extension 1 // Maths Extension 2 // English Advanced //

HSC

I kept my 12 units, as I thought about what might potentially happen if I bombed out in one of my other subjects.

However, the decision you make depends on factors such as: time, future career aspirations, if you are feeling stressed in any of the classes and whether you think you would be able to manage doing a reasonable amount of study for each.

Cadet
    HSC

I think the general rule is: if you don't know what to drop, don't drop. You want to be 100% sure of dropping either disliking the subject or performing poorly, if you're dropping just for the sake of it you will mostly likely regret it.

HSC

I had 12 at first with SOR 1, which dropped after a term, although I was doing well, it wouldn't have counted to my ATAR (so play around with that in ATAR calculators to see what types of marks you need for it to count or not. In the end I had 11 (ext 1 math practically has the work load of a 2 unit subject), and it was manageable. If it isn't impacting your marks anywhere else maybe you should keep it for a while like a term, and then assess what to drop as you never know you might regret dropping it so early
    For Cheap High Quality Notes & Essays + Free Technique Sheet: http://community.boredofstudies.org/...-bus-94-a.html

2015 - Maths: (96)
    2016 - Eng. Adv. (97) | Chem (93) | Maths (98) | 3U Math (48) | Physics (94) | Business Studies (94)
    Atar: 99.7 Dux

2017 - UNSW Adv. Science (AAA scholarship & The Late Stephen Robjohns Science Scholarship)

Thread Information