Which School Should I Choose? (1 Viewer)

Underachieving

HSC
I'm currently in year 10, and have sat selective tests for admissions into other schools for year 11. I've been offered enrolment into three schools: Sydney Girls, Fort Street and St George Girls. At first, Sydney Girls was my first choice, however after being given my final subject confirmations, I was only able to get 3 of the 6 subjects I hoped for. On the other hand, I was able to get 5 of 6 subjects at Fort Street. I'm still uncertain about St George.

I've asked friends and teachers, and each have given mixed opinions, some saying to go to Sydney as they are ranked higher, others saying to go to Fort street because he subject selection is better. I dont mind the subjects offered at Sydney, however I would rather do course which i have more interest in.

Should I choose a school based on rank or subject selection??
Thanks!

Frostguard

HSC
Ultimately, I think performance in a subject directly correlates to the amount of interest in particular subject. Whilst Sydney Girls has a great rank and a higher median ATAR, ask yourself this, are you happy doing a subject you did not necessarily choose? Fort Street is still a pretty good school and you have 5/6 subjects compared to Sydney Girls with 3/6 subjects, you just gotta make sure you smash your subjects out of the park so you won't regret or feel bad not going to Syd Girls. It's just my opinion though, I'd hate to see a student doing a subject they don't like/want to because of stuff like scaling or parental expectations but your case is a lil different but I'd still recommend Fort Street purely based on subject selection and your happiness/motivation within those subjects.
Good Luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)