Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Frostguard
  • 1 Post By pikachu975

Thread: Which School Should I Choose?

HSC

Question Which School Should I Choose?

I'm currently in year 10, and have sat selective tests for admissions into other schools for year 11. I've been offered enrolment into three schools: Sydney Girls, Fort Street and St George Girls. At first, Sydney Girls was my first choice, however after being given my final subject confirmations, I was only able to get 3 of the 6 subjects I hoped for. On the other hand, I was able to get 5 of 6 subjects at Fort Street. I'm still uncertain about St George.

I've asked friends and teachers, and each have given mixed opinions, some saying to go to Sydney as they are ranked higher, others saying to go to Fort street because he subject selection is better. I dont mind the subjects offered at Sydney, however I would rather do course which i have more interest in.

Should I choose a school based on rank or subject selection??
    Thanks!

HSC

Re: Which School Should I Choose?

Ultimately, I think performance in a subject directly correlates to the amount of interest in particular subject. Whilst Sydney Girls has a great rank and a higher median ATAR, ask yourself this, are you happy doing a subject you did not necessarily choose? Fort Street is still a pretty good school and you have 5/6 subjects compared to Sydney Girls with 3/6 subjects, you just gotta make sure you smash your subjects out of the park so you won't regret or feel bad not going to Syd Girls. It's just my opinion though, I'd hate to see a student doing a subject they don't like/want to because of stuff like scaling or parental expectations but your case is a lil different but I'd still recommend Fort Street purely based on subject selection and your happiness/motivation within those subjects.
    Good Luck
    30june2016 and highshill like this.
    I spend too much time on this website

HSC 2018!!

English Advanced Genny Maths Biology Legal Studies Modern History Economics History Extension

HSC

This question arises when parents go to admit their child to school. So take this decision wisely because it decides the future of your child. Get the list of CBSE board school in Nagpur where you will get the assurity of quality education and gives all the facilities that student need.

HSC

Sydney Girls, just because it's a better school.

HSC

Fort street because you can accelerate subjects hence spread out workload
    30june2016 likes this.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buy my books/notes cheaply here!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016 HSC (Accelerated): // 2U Maths (97) // SOR 1 (48) //
    2017 HSC: // English Adv (91) // Bio (96) // Phys (95) // 3U Maths (99) // 4U Maths (97) //
    ATAR: 99.75

30june2016 is lame

Thread Information