Thread: School Leadership HELP

HSC

Exclamation School Leadership HELP

Please Help

I'm moving to a public selective school next year for year 11 and I want to know what leadership opportunities and roles they offer for year 12, as well as the steps required to actually receive and take out that role.
    Mathematics Ext 1 Adv Mathematics > Biology Adv English PDHPE Chemistry < SLR

➋☻➊➒

HSC

Re: School Leadership HELP

I am leading towards more of the big roles though because I wanna prove myself and push myself even further

➋☻➊➒

HSC

Depends on what school you're going to. Generally they'll have extracurricular groups like SRC, Prefects, Orchestra/Band, Interact etc. There are usually opportunities for leadership roles and positions in these student groups.

My school had other groups like an Environment Committee and Army Cadet Unit.

Ask around at your new school, or have a look on their website.
    ATAR Aim: 90+
    Main Field Interest: Environmental Science

2017 HSC
    Extension 1 Maths ~ Advanced English ~ Earth and Enviro ~ Chemistry ~ Senior Science

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by nesco49 View Post
    I am leading towards more of the big roles though because I wanna prove myself and push myself even further
    Try out for those, but you may need to start "small" and get some leadership experience first in order to back up your application for "bigger" roles.
    ATAR Aim: 90+
    Main Field Interest: Environmental Science

2017 HSC
    Extension 1 Maths ~ Advanced English ~ Earth and Enviro ~ Chemistry ~ Senior Science

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Papercutter View Post
    Depends on what school you're going to. Generally they'll have extracurricular groups like SRC, Prefects, Orchestra/Band, Interact etc. There are usually opportunities for leadership roles and positions in these student groups.

My school had other groups like an Environment Committee and Army Cadet Unit.

Ask around at your new school, or have a look on their website.
    I'm going to Girraween but yeah I checked their website and it didn't have any specifics on the application process and stuff. Like in general how do you apply for SRC, or sport leader?

➋☻➊➒

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by nesco49 View Post
    I'm going to Girraween but yeah I checked their website and it didn't have any specifics on the application process and stuff. Like in general how do you apply for SRC, or sport leader?
    It works differently for every school, but generally you'll have to submit some kind of form stating why you want to become SRC/sport leader/etc to the relevant teacher/s, then it may come down to a vote or the teachers will choose whoever they think is suitable.
    HSC 2018: Advanced English, 2U Math, Legal Studies, Society and Culture, Visual Arts

ATAR Goal: 98+

Thread Information