Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41

Thread: 2002 Distinguished Achievers list (as an MS Excel file)

  1. #1
    Retired Lazarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    HSC
    2001
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    CBD
    Posts
    5,970
    Rep Power
    20

    2002 Distinguished Achievers list (as an MS Excel file)

    It's sorted by school (although you could sort by student number, surname or subject etc if you so desired) and, being an Excel file, allows you to search for your friends and so on.

    Much more useful than the pithy pages on the Board's site, in my opinion.

    Download it here: http://boredofstudies.org/other/2002_dsach.xls
    Lazarus
    Et in arcadia ego...

  2. #2
    Deloused zannaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    HSC
    2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    469
    Rep Power
    12
    i know what u mean about the BOS site, it'so confusing trying to find about ur friends from school....But i have no Excel......
    Class of '02
    UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY - Arts/Commerce





  3. #3
    Executive Member kini mini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    HSC
    2002
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,273
    Rep Power
    12
    I think Sun's OpenOffice, which is a free office suite, will open Excel files, but am not sure. Have a go anyway.

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    12
    i'm fairly certain you can download an excel viewer from the mircosoft website. it should be under office downloads

  5. #5
    Executive Member kini mini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    HSC
    2002
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,273
    Rep Power
    12
    Thanks Laz

  6. #6
    Alumni Minai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    HSC
    2002
    Uni Grad
    2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    7,468
    Rep Power
    16
    Can I ask who created the .xls?
    was it u laz, or the Board or wat?
    coz thats a LONG list for one to compile
    B Commerce (UNSW), GradDipCA
    Senior Manager - Ernst & Young


  7. #7
    Retired Lazarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    HSC
    2001
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    CBD
    Posts
    5,970
    Rep Power
    20
    Originally posted by MinAi
    Can I ask who created the .xls?
    was it u laz, or the Board or wat?
    coz thats a LONG list for one to compile
    I wrote a small Java program to parse the pages on the Board's site, reformat them and output them to a text file, which could then be imported into Excel.
    Lazarus
    Et in arcadia ego...

  8. #8
    Remembering P.I.G. tammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    HSC
    2002
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    615
    Rep Power
    12
    thanks laz, so much easier to find people this way!
    neha?...

    class of '02

    Bachelor Ed (Primary) University of Canberra, 2009

  9. #9
    EDIT
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,729
    Rep Power
    16
    thank you laz ...

  10. #10
    Member sif not 99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    West Pennant Hills
    Posts
    496
    Rep Power
    12
    thnx man

  11. #11
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    12
    the board made a mistake w/ one of my subjects, but now its been corrected..previous mark for extension english 1 was 38 out of 50 - now its 45/50....

    Does that mean that this "distinnction list" is perhaps inaccurate in its portrayal of my abilities as a candidate for the Higher School Certificate...coz in which case, i object!

    PS. to all concerned, i have already found the newspaper thingy and added the subject next to my name, albeit in pencil only

    97.3 UAI - oFfiCial FounDer oF the BoarD of StupiDitY

  12. #12
    EDIT
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,729
    Rep Power
    16
    Originally posted by ShirLz
    the board made a mistake w/ one of my subjects, but now its been corrected..previous mark for extension english 1 was 38 out of 50 - now its 45/50....

    Does that mean that this "distinnction list" is perhaps inaccurate in its portrayal of my abilities as a candidate for the Higher School Certificate...coz in which case, i object!

    PS. to all concerned, i have already found the newspaper thingy and added the subject next to my name, albeit in pencil only

    so did the clerical recheck pay-off?

  13. #13
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    12
    no i didn't pay..it was an administration error
    they didn't apologise or anythin - just letter in mail w/ upated results n new uai ...so shweet n considerate

  14. #14
    Unknown
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    HSC
    2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    1,014
    Rep Power
    12
    I wonder if anyone who gets a clerical recheck ever actually gets their mark changed.
    USYD B Science (advanced maths)/ B Commerce
    Class of 02

  15. #15
    EDIT
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,729
    Rep Power
    16
    Originally posted by ShirLz
    no i didn't pay..it was an administration error
    they didn't apologise or anythin - just letter in mail w/ upated results n new uai ...so shweet n considerate
    its still good that changed it ...

    ultimate, i dont think clerical rechecks pay-off unless you slip an extra hundred or two ...

  16. #16
    Unknown
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    HSC
    2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    1,014
    Rep Power
    12
    Originally posted by flyin'


    its still good that changed it ...

    ultimate, i dont think clerical rechecks pay-off unless you slip an extra hundred or two ...
    So the BOS is open to bribes lol
    USYD B Science (advanced maths)/ B Commerce
    Class of 02

  17. #17
    EDIT
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,729
    Rep Power
    16
    no, no, never bribes ... just gifts (of course, without expecting anything in return) ...

  18. #18
    law chicky
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    HSC
    2002
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    739
    Rep Power
    12
    shirlz, what was your old uai, and whats the new one now?
    Public Relations and marketing exec for PIG...

  19. #19
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    12
    old = 96.6
    new = 97.3
    needed = 99.4

  20. #20
    Unknown
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    HSC
    2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    1,014
    Rep Power
    12
    Originally posted by ShirLz
    old = 96.6
    new = 97.3
    needed = 99.4
    after you completed your exams did you think you could make 99.4?
    USYD B Science (advanced maths)/ B Commerce
    Class of 02

  21. #21
    EDIT
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,729
    Rep Power
    16
    Originally posted by ShirLz
    old = 96.6
    new = 97.3
    needed = 99.4
    wow ... that one unit change made quite a bit of difference ...

  22. #22
    Unknown
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    HSC
    2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    1,014
    Rep Power
    12
    I agree that's a 0.7 UAI jump.....off just one unit change.
    USYD B Science (advanced maths)/ B Commerce
    Class of 02

  23. #23
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    12
    well the jump is warranted, since the mark went from below state avg. to b amongst the 3-5% of candidates who actually got into band 6 for that one unit.

    and ultimate, i was very sick for 3 of my exams. to the point of collapsin on my modern history paper, so i thought i'd end up w/ a uai of min 85 and no higher than a uai of 91 --> this is post exams

  24. #24
    Banned Almighty Jafar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Arabia
    Posts
    319
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: 2002 Distinguished Achievers list (as an MS Excel file)

    Originally posted by Lazarus
    It's sorted by school (although you could sort by student number, surname or subject etc if you so desired) and, being an Excel file, allows you to search for your friends and so on.

    Much more useful than the pithy pages on the Board's site, in my opinion.

    Download it here: http://boredofstudies.org/other/2002_dsach.xls
    the excel file is great-thanks!

  25. #25
    Cadet Mossad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    12
    Can anyone give me a few words aobut this distinguished achievers list, what is it based on, what do you have to achieve to be in it and why doesn't it mention all the subjects (like the whole 10 unites).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •