Thread: Selective School Entry in Year 11.

HSC
    N/A

Selective School Entry in Year 11.

Hello guys! Can you people give me some tips on how to get into a selective school in Year 11, I'm applying for Girraween and Sydney Tech.

So how well do I need to fill out my 'supporting evidence' form, and how are the questions going to be like in the exams, some sample questions would be great!!

That's all

HSC
    N/A

Re: Selective School Entry in Year 11.

Also extra things to mention :

I have 4 Distincions in ICAS, and 2 credits and also a Distinction for Australian Mathematical Competitions. I still have to complete Year 10, so I will still get more awards , I hope.

I have gotten the award for the best math achiever in the class for 2 years. [It's who's the best in the class out of the WHOLE year, not term.]

I have participated in ZONE athletics, swimming carnival (only participated, nothing wonderful), I am part of the Soccer and Cricket team,

For extra-curricular, I am part of the Environment group, I have represented my school in a STEM project at a company called Stocklands where selected students from the grade are allowed to go (20 students), I have participated in a Geography Competition which represents my school and only selected students go(12 students), the robotics team and Bollywood Dance group.

My report is 6A's and 4B's. I'm still getting my half yearly for 10.

Is this application good enough or nope?
    Last edited by Audous; 22 Jan 2018 at 1:46 AM.

Cadet
    HSC

decent but try and get straight a's!

HSC
    N/A

Okay! I'll try this year.

Cadet
    HSC

I moved from Girra to Baulko so I'm not too sure about the test. But the entry to Girra is super competitive. The test is going to be more important than your report (they compare test marks and use the report more as a tiebreaker/decider) so be sure. You can do past papers for the test I'm pretty sure, I know some people buy them or have found them somewhere. Your ECs look pretty good though! But yeah, try to get straight As.

HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by doggossigh View Post
    I moved from Girra to Baulko so I'm not too sure about the test. But the entry to Girra is super competitive. The test is going to be more important than your report (they compare test marks and use the report more as a tiebreaker/decider) so be sure. You can do past papers for the test I'm pretty sure, I know some people buy them or have found them somewhere. Your ECs look pretty good though! But yeah, try to get straight As.
    Hello, so what supporting evidence did you send to Baulkham Hills just wondering.

Cadet
    HSC

The competition is usually high so preferably aim for straight As and since everyone has straight As, just go do some more extra curricular activities and enrol yourself into some leadership role.
    Tbh I did some volunteering at libraries and at the Salvos for some extra credit lmao
    If you live near a St Johns, go learn some stuff there as well. You'll make good friends I promise!
    Best of luck

Thread Information