What makes Ruse different from other schools? (1 Viewer)

jenniferblack

HSC
From what I understand from reading all the other ruse threads, is that it's the students who get the highest selective score entry, 'naturally' bright, predominantly from immigrant parents and the many hours of tutoring etc. (Apparently there was a girl who did 23hrs of tutoring a week???)

But can anyone give me some insight why Ruse is so different from other top schools like bhhs, nsb, sghs who are also consistently achieving high ranks? I'm curious bc both schools have motivated students, who study hard, very bright, so I don't see why it's so different?

Do they have different study methods?
Study longer hours?

Any opinions will be much appreciated :)

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
From what I understand from reading all the other ruse threads, is that it's the students who get the highest selective score entry, 'naturally' bright, predominantly from immigrant parents and the many hours of tutoring etc. (Apparently there was a girl who did 23hrs of tutoring a week???)

But can anyone give me some insight why Ruse is so different from other top schools like bhhs, nsb, sghs who are also consistently achieving high ranks? I'm curious bc both schools have motivated students, who study hard, very bright, so I don't see why it's so different?

Do they have different study methods?
Study longer hours?

Any opinions will be much appreciated :)
Ruse has a higher entry score so it's natural that it'd have the smartest students. Also from talking to people from there, they all help each other ESPECIALLY after trials where they share notes, resources, etc, whereas I've heard this isn't that common in the other selective schools.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)