I Want to Get Into Girra (Someone pls help and tell me my chances) (1 Viewer)

Whatsupitsme

HSC
I go to Gilroy Catholic College and wanna get into Girraween next year (year 10)

My reports were:
Yr 8
Sem1- All A's (except science~ B)
Final- Straight A's

Yr 9
Sem1- All A's (except English, Science, iSTEM~ B’s)

My most recent report is bad and they are important subjects I got Bs in. Only 8 out of the 203 of the grade got an A for English (Coz this comic we had to draw which was 50%j

Literally nobody got an A for iSTEM.
But with science I just did bad (well B isn’t BAD but for a selective school it kinda is)

I attached loads of photocopies of my
extracurricular stuff (dancing, singing, acting, basketball)
certificates (AMC distinction, Maths Olympiad, SRC Leader, Principals award and application to learning, science credit ICAS, Voices in Bloom Participation and 2nd in Soroptomist public speaking,)
Other (previous HAST results of overall top 15%, NAPLAN being mostly band 9 and reports as mentioned above, Reserve 100-something for Girra in Year 6)
sport (zone athletics carnival yr 7 and I always get an A in PE btw)

In my cover letter I mentioned all the school clubs and competitions and duke of ed and stuff I’m participating in but idk if they’ll think I’m lying coz there’s no certificates for those (duke of ed isn’t done yet)

So what are the chances of me getting in? Pls be honest

Last edited:

c8

HSC
you have a lot of extracurriculars and co curricular stuff so that will probably boost your chances by a lot since a lot of schools want to see an all rounder student. if you do well in the test you might have a good chance!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)