should I get a whiteboard? (1 Viewer)

c8

HSC
as the title says, im not sure whether i should get a whiteboard as many people have said its very good for organising but im not too sure of the actual benefits. can anyone provide any opinions and things that you can do with one? p.s im talking about like a bigger white board like 1 metre wide not the small mini whiteboard

HSC
as the title says, im not sure whether i should get a whiteboard as many people have said its very good for organising but im not too sure of the actual benefits. can anyone provide any opinions and things that you can do with one? p.s im talking about like a bigger white board like 1 metre wide not the small mini whiteboard
you can do one of four things:
1. use it to "teach" the material you have studied to friends/family to help you retain it better.
2. use it to write a monthly to do list of all the assignments you have due so you are on track.
3. write up motivational quotes to help you not get distracted from your end goal.
4. draw diagrams to help you learn the information e.g. picture of the cell or human body, etc.

hope this helps, feel free message me with any other questions x

MONONYMOUS

HSC
I have a small one (size of an A4 piece of paper) which I use for my "to-do list"

They're cheap as on Ebay. Mine was like $10

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
You can literally use a whiteboard for whatever you so wish. You can use to as a regular piece of paper, although you have more space and whatever you write is temporary. These are typically useful to quickly jot down ideas, solve mathematical problems with more space and the ability to quickly change what you have written.

Additionally you can put up more permanent items, such as quotes (For motivation or to remember), specific concepts you need to recover etc etc

I currently have 2 90cm x 60cm white boards, one of which has a chemistry diagram on it (It is quite a long process to remember :p) and the other has one of my english essays in succinct, dotpoint form so I can gain an overall feel for the essay.

Falcon41

HSC
I have one. It's really a big help when it comes to studying and writing reminders.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Another option is a cork board to pin items. But I personally prefer a magnetic whiteboard now.

LC14199

HSC
There is only one answer to this question, and that is a resounding yes.

Sadly I can't fit one in my studio apartment, but the labs at UC (University of Canberra) have a series of vertical whiteboards arranged so that they basically take up an entire wall, and boy have I made use of those for assignments in the past. I had Java code written half way across the room at one point because I was working on a language identification system that had a fair amount of complexity associated with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)