Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jelena_nina2001

Thread: should I get a whiteboard?

c8
    Cadet
    HSC

should I get a whiteboard?

as the title says, im not sure whether i should get a whiteboard as many people have said its very good for organising but im not too sure of the actual benefits. can anyone provide any opinions and things that you can do with one? p.s im talking about like a bigger white board like 1 metre wide not the small mini whiteboard

Cadet
    HSC

Re: should I get a whiteboard?

Quote Originally Posted by c8 View Post
    as the title says, im not sure whether i should get a whiteboard as many people have said its very good for organising but im not too sure of the actual benefits. can anyone provide any opinions and things that you can do with one? p.s im talking about like a bigger white board like 1 metre wide not the small mini whiteboard
    you can do one of four things:
    1. use it to "teach" the material you have studied to friends/family to help you retain it better.
    2. use it to write a monthly to do list of all the assignments you have due so you are on track.
    3. write up motivational quotes to help you not get distracted from your end goal.
    4. draw diagrams to help you learn the information e.g. picture of the cell or human body, etc.

hope this helps, feel free message me with any other questions x
    mariakery1 likes this.

Cadet
    HSC

I have a small one (size of an A4 piece of paper) which I use for my "to-do list"

They're cheap as on Ebay. Mine was like $10

HSC

You can literally use a whiteboard for whatever you so wish. You can use to as a regular piece of paper, although you have more space and whatever you write is temporary. These are typically useful to quickly jot down ideas, solve mathematical problems with more space and the ability to quickly change what you have written.

Additionally you can put up more permanent items, such as quotes (For motivation or to remember), specific concepts you need to recover etc etc

I currently have 2 90cm x 60cm white boards, one of which has a chemistry diagram on it (It is quite a long process to remember :P) and the other has one of my english essays in succinct, dotpoint form so I can gain an overall feel for the essay.
    HSC 2018

Maths Ext 1 - Maths Ext 2 - English Adv - Physics - Chemistry

ATAR Goal - 99.00 - B Laws at UTS

HSC

I have one. It's really a big help when it comes to studying and writing reminders.

HSC
    Uni Grad

Another option is a cork board to pin items. But I personally prefer a magnetic whiteboard now.

2000-05 BHHS UAI: 97 Ext 1 Mathematics, Adv English, Economics, Business Studies, IPT (SR)
    2006-09 UNSW B Commerce Accounting, Finance
    2010-11 Institute of Chartered Accountants GradDipCA TAX110, MAA210, AAA310 (M), FIN111, EBA211 (M)

Back in the day I would have asked you to please give me rep by clicking .

Cadet
    HSC

There is only one answer to this question, and that is a resounding yes.

Sadly I can't fit one in my studio apartment, but the labs at UC (University of Canberra) have a series of vertical whiteboards arranged so that they basically take up an entire wall, and boy have I made use of those for assignments in the past. I had Java code written half way across the room at one point because I was working on a language identification system that had a fair amount of complexity associated with it.

Thread Information