Anyone from Fairfield High School? (1 Viewer)

duffbeer34

HSC
I am currently in year 10, and considering a move to Fairfield High School, as my current school does not offer a wide range of subjects. They are only offering 2u Maths and above, as well as only offering Advanced English, because they want us to be "leaders in today's society." However, many stories I have heard about FHS don't sound to good, and it kinda turns me off moving. Can anyone from FHS who is a current or former student give some insight into what the environment is/was like there? Thanks in advance.

c8

HSC
unless you really dont think you can stay at your current school i wouldn't move as fairfield isnt a very academically competitive school. however if you think that you will do much better with the option to have different subjects then by all means you should move. if you want the wide range of subjects and are very commited to your school work and academics then i think you should consider moving to a school like fairvale, canley vale, prairiewood etc which are also in the fairfield ish area as they are a bit better than fairfield

cathwren

HSC
N/A
I'd recommend Bonnyrigg or Canley Vale. they're in the area and far better academically

fluffchuck

HSC
Prairiewood is in the area as well, and their rankings are not too bad

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
From my minor research, Canley Vale and Bonnyrigg seem like better schools than Fairfield, so I'd consider those. Prairiewood also performs better than both of those in terms of Band 6's, but that is based on 2017 when they got 126, compared to 2016 when they got 47, so I'm not sure which result is the more typical one. Best of luck, but don't pick Fairfield

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)