Misadventure and Poor Marks (1 Viewer)

Wet_Lettuce

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,

for the last few weeks i have been in and out of the surgeons office because i tore a ligament in my knee. Ive missed around one week of school and during my time back at school i have not been able to study efficiently because the injections i had in my knee made me really sick. I sat my first examination today and i feel as though i went terrible, mainly due to my injury that has prevented me from studying. I have a doctors certificate and evidence from the surgeon to say i was away. I am going to fill a misadventure form in to accompany my doctors certificate but does anyone know if my reason warrants an appeal and will It be accepted. Then if it does what happens? Do i resit or do i get an average mark?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
It's a pretty mediocre school and its for maths
I meant that misadventure varies between schools and subjects so you may be resitting or getting an estimate, but it should be accepted.

DynamicMath

HSC
N/A
Absolutely apply for misadventure and special consideration.

My friend broke her arm and couldn't think clearly because of the high power pain killers which she became addicted to. When the pain subsided the doctor stopped prescribing the pain killers so she had to go cold turkey and then suffered withdrawal symptoms and post traumatic stress. So don't let any doctor's certificate underestimate the impact a "simple" misadventure has on your ability to perform academically.

KingTings

HSC
If it goes through/gets accepted most-likely nothing will happen until you sit your next exam, where they will scale your previous mark up based on how you go then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)