Lost (1 Viewer)

nakappe

HSC
Hi, Im in Year 12 right now, my current subjects are Standard English, Mathematics, Japanese In-Context, Software Design&Development and Web Design (TAFE). I have dropped Modern History at the end of Year 11, but now I think about it, I am struggling so much with Software Design&Development, that I would love to pick up Modern History again and drop Software Design&Development if possible. I have completed the preliminary course for Modern History, but I have missed out on the whole lot of work for term 1. Is it possible for me to change my subjects still or is it too late? I really am struggling with SDD, Im basically the dumbest student in the class and I never feel motivated in class. Im looking forward for some replies.

Thanks in advance.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Oh come on I always encourage people to stay with software, its a great subject! :) :)

If you plain just hate it then I can't argue with you, but if its because you feel like you just don't get it then feel free to ask for help on the SDD forum!

In the year 11 yearly I got 68% which meant I was close to the lowest in the class too and I was probably the dumbest in the class as well, but I finished on 95 for the HSC, so if you like it work hard and ask on here.

Anyway which part of software are you struggling with?? For me it was the algorithms

nakappe

HSC
Oh come on I always encourage people to stay with software, its a great subject! :) :)

If you plain just hate it then I can't argue with you, but if its because you feel like you just don't get it then feel free to ask for help on the SDD forum!

In the year 11 yearly I got 68% which meant I was close to the lowest in the class too and I was probably the dumbest in the class as well, but I finished on 95 for the HSC, so if you like it work hard and ask on here.

Anyway which part of software are you struggling with?? For me it was the algorithms

Thank you for your reply. Im struggling with basically everything in SDD.. I really need help but I dont have anyone, so i could get any help from you, that would really help me. I have 0 knowledge for the algorithm, I understand OOP, but nothing else. I have an assignment due very soon. Can you please help me out?

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you for your reply. Im struggling with basically everything in SDD.. I really need help but I dont have anyone, so i could get any help from you, that would really help me. I have 0 knowledge for the algorithm, I understand OOP, but nothing else. I have an assignment due very soon. Can you please help me out?
Sure as I said, post any questions on the SDD forum and I'll get to it as soon as possible.

I would suggest after this assignment is due you should ASAP begin practising your algorithms. They will take time to understand but its not impossible.

I suggest for the algorithms thoroughly read through the Software Course Specifications which go into detail about the algorithm skills you will need, and hey if you understand OOP already then algorithms shouldn't be that hard for you, because most find OOP hard.

Oh and of course make sure to do a ton of past papers, IMO you only need to do the algorithm and chart sections because the rest is just a memorizing game

Last edited:

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
You definitely can succeed in the subject if you put your mind to it c: Although I don't know the specifics of the SSD course, hard work and dedication to developing your skills will definitely help you improve. The SSD forum on here will be available to help, along with your teacher and online resources, considering SSD is a technology-based subject. Feel free to check out my videos if you need any general study help! c: Best of luckk

nakappe

HSC
Thank you so much for the help with some detailed information. I will try to complete the assignment as much as possible, and then straight away move onto learning algorithms. And yes I will have a read at the Software Course Specifications, and thank you again for your help.

nakappe

HSC
Thank you for the support! Since I have picked this subject and there's no going back now I guess, I'll do my best to leave no regrets! And I have just watched your videos, and I took your advice of the 3 tips!! Thank you again, I really appreciate the support.

nakappe

HSC
Not yet, as I was not worried until recently during the summer holidays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)