Commerce or Economics? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi guys,
I'm looking to get an ATAR of around 90, but realistically I'll probably be getting around 80-85. I'd like to apply for a commerce/business degree however, they require an ATAR of 90-96 (USYD,UNSW,UTS). In the future I'd like to do something like HR or become a business analyst. Is it better to apply for commerce at Macquarie (80 ATAR) or economics (slightly lower ATAR requirement) at UTS or USYD and transfer to commerce later on?
Thanksss :haha:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
You may well get in through bonus points into UTS commerce so it will be worth placing it above Macquarie University commerce if you would rather go to UTS than Macquarie. Both Macquarie University and UTS are pretty much identical with respect to prestige so go to whichever closest/ which has a nicer "feel". If you are interested in Macquarie then maybe consider the Bachelor of Business Analytics (BBusAnalytics) http://handbook.mq.edu.au/2019/DegreesDiplomas/Degree/Bachelor+of+Business+Analytics

Consider doing a double major in human resources and Business Analytics to widen your options.

Do commerce, then transfer later in as you may not end up making the marks in economics.

What subjects are you currently studying?

studygirl118

HSC
I’d go for either Macquarie or UTS commerce, just in case you don’t get the marks in economics to transfer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HSC
You may well get in through bonus points into UTS commerce so it will be worth placing it above Macquarie University commerce if you would rather go to UTS than Macquarie. Both Macquarie University and UTS are pretty much identical with respect to prestige so go to whichever closest/ which has a nicer "feel". If you are interested in Macquarie then maybe consider the Bachelor of Business Analytics (BBusAnalytics) http://handbook.mq.edu.au/2019/DegreesDiplomas/Degree/Bachelor+of+Business+Analytics

Consider doing a double major in human resources and Business Analytics to widen your options.

Do commerce, then transfer later in as you may not end up making the marks in economics.

What subjects are you currently studying?
I'm currently doing Math 2u, Eng std, Economics, SOR II and Chemistry (failing badly)

ChrisMueller

HSC
Uni Grad
Economics is a commerce major at Sydney, so I would suggest looking into that. It means you can transfer into commerce after first year (as long as you maintain a Weighted Average Mark of 65 or above) and most of your units of study will be transferable.

Hope that helps, if you have any questions, please ask. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)