Class of '03 target UAI's (1 Viewer)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Post your target UAI here and you can look back at the end of the year and see what changed.

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by natstar

.........cuz only like 23 or woteva ppl get 100 each year which is a very small minority compared to the 60, 000 or so canidates.
really!!:eek:

i didnt know the number was so low.

myself i am aiming for in the 90's

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Ok smarty pants, everyone SHOULD aim for 100, but most of us know it will never happen, and I thought that everyone had a target UAI like me, the number they think is possible if they put the work in. Good on you if you think yours is 100, but as long as you're being realistic.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
99.6+UAI is my goal, or whatever UAI to make USYD Combined undergraduate Law...

Hopefully I make it...

LOL!

Hopefully pigs_can_fly will get his gf and NOT beat me!

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
well like everyone, i want a UAI of 90+, but honestly.... i'll b happy with something like 75+....

i just want enough to get me into the course i want... and this year it was only 78.9 at sydney uni :)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I have some...well...debatable advice: Aim lower

BUT! having said that, work consistantly throughout the year, and then go for a huge outburst in the weeks leading up to the exams. Sort of like, running a long distance race, where u pace urself until the final lap where u go full out. Thats wat I kinda did. I placed moderate expectations of myself, where I said "yeah low 90's, anything up till 94 I'll go for" (there's proof of this in an old thread), and I ended up with 95.25. That way I avoided disappointment I guess.

bobo123

HSC
well, i just reckon that setting yourself the highest possible target is part of the motivation to work

heard this from somewhere
"To hit bullseye, an archer must aim above the target"

and i reckon i could handle the disappointment. I mean, shit happens a lot in real life, just build a bridge and get over it?

kini mini

HSC
I just wanted to do well enough to get into comm/law last year :)

Though I didn't settle on that until very late in the year.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
My advice is to look at the worst possible mark u can get, that way u won't be disappointed. I was expecting a maximum 99.5 with an expected minimum of 97, and ended up with 98.5, which got me into what I wanted to do.

N

ND

I'm aiming for 99+, hoping to get into medicine, or law if i screw the UMAT. But even if i don't get 99.4, there's always full fee law (and i'm lucky enough to be able to afford it :D).

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by ND
I'm aiming for 99+, hoping to get into medicine, or law if i screw the UMAT. But even if i don't get 99.4, there's always full fee law (and i'm lucky enough to be able to afford it :D).
UMAT is very hard, I think I failed in each of the three sections. So that stuffed up my medicine hopes.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
after a quick process of elimination, actuarial studies was the main option and i knew i would get in, regardless ... which really doesnt motivate me ...

so set some target and go for it ...

N

ND

Originally posted by Ultimate

UMAT is very hard, I think I failed in each of the three sections. So that stuffed up my medicine hopes.
I'm going to get a prep course, so hopefully that will help.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by Bon
Did you want to do medicine, Ultimate?
yeah originally, but UMAT screwed it. Besides with the course I'm doing at the moment I can get into medicine at Usyd as a graduate (after 3 years), if I happened to be interested in going down that career path (which isnt that case at the moment).

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by Ultimate

yeah originally, but UMAT screwed it. Besides with the course I'm doing at the moment I can get into medicine at Usyd as a graduate (after 3 years), if I happened to be interested in going down that career path (which isnt that case at the moment).
why do medicine if u don't like it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)