ABW at St Andrew's College (1 Viewer)

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
hey dudes and dudetts! :)

does anione know abt a program called Australia Business Week (ABW) at University of Sydney? it is lyk a five day in-house workshop at St Andrew's College.

i am just wondering if anione on Bored got accepted as well...

truly in bliss

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
ohh its not lyk skool visits....i know they visit skool and stuff...but this is lyk a competition...1 nomination per skool 80 pplz in NSW....

you get to stay at st andrew's college for 4 nights and on the fifth night there is a celebratoory dinner....the winning group goes to the national round...

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
no one came out, it was for a whole week and we had to do everything--develop a product, do all the reports and stuff, make an add and do all the finance and product control shit

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by YEAR12
no one came out, it was for a whole week and we had to do everything--develop a product, do all the reports and stuff, make an add and do all the finance and product control shit
yeah datz not the state wide competition......with the state comp it invovles 80 nominees in NSw...

Originally posted by Rahul
truly, do u go to sac?
nah i am in year 12 hence in high skool...

Rahul

Dead Member
>>nah i am in year 12 hence in high skool...

st andrews college, if ur talking abt the same one as me is a high school. the one i am talkin abt is in marayong....maybe a different college:confused:

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
hahaha

i live at st andrew's
you might be in my room (we have to move out over the midyear break :mad: )

that's sort of weird...

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
oh no I didn't say it was a competition.....just saying we did the same thing at school

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
when is the midyear break? lol

well we are going to move in for a wk...that starts on the 7th of july and finihses around11th..lol
jeez, tight schedule :eek: ... officially we have to move out by the 6th at the latest, but i'm going a week earlier

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
yeah, it's been co-ed since last year. not too bad... the rooms are pretty cool, some are a little bit too small (but they should do you for a week :p)... there's no girls/guys section as such, everyone's just in rooms throughout. main (big sandstone building, which i'm in :D) is the best building, it has the coolest rooms, high ceiings, and is closest to everything. thyne (big brick building with balconies, near the carpark) is crap :p, but everyone who lives in there thinks it's the best. then there's reid, which is ok. the one next to the oval. funny 5-walled rooms though.

hmmm, what've we got

we have an oval, a tennis/basketball court, a full-size pool table and a a full-size billiard table (the cues are crap though :p), a dartboard (but no darts)... ummm... there's free hot chocolate/coffee from the machine in the common room, and there's also one up in the kitchen (the one in the kitchen is better). meals (if you're getting them) are ok, there's alot of meat and 3 veg action, but if you're vego they've also got options for that. hmmm..... all the rooms have phones, and internal calls are free.

then there's king street. nice. lots of thai restaurants and sex shops, but inbetween there's some cool music/clothes/book shops. campos coffee on missenden avenue makes the best coffee in the world. go there and buy a coffee, even if you don't like it usually. or at least get one of their brownies, which are fantastic (alys, if you're reading this, you owe me 2 brownies. don't forget. :p)

hmm, that's all i can think of at the moment.
have a good week!

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by saladsurgery
there's no girls/guys section as such
i menat the ladies' room..*ahem* :D

meals (if you're getting them) are ok
yup we are getting them too!! apparently last yr the pplz served curry for the whole wk...curry is nice..but for da whole wk??!! lol

campos coffee on missenden avenue makes the best coffee in the world. go there and buy a coffee, even if you don't like it usually. or at least get one of their brownies, which are fantastic (alys, if you're reading this, you owe me 2 brownies. don't forget. :p)
i llllooove coffe! at least 2 cups per day..lol....

too bad i wont be able 2 see you in person to give u the brownies...lool ;)

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
i menat the ladies' room..*ahem* :D
the downstairs and upstairs toilets are the best. the ones in the middle are ok, but not as good. :p

yup we are getting them too!! apparently last yr the pplz served curry for the whole wk...curry is nice..but for da whole wk??!! lol
hmm, that's weird. we get different stuff every night, from a range of about 10 standard meals...

too bad i wont be able 2 see you in person to give u the brownies...lool ;)
eh? oh, not you, alys. a friend of mine, who owes me 2 brownies. actually, three, cos she threw a glue stick at my head (and drew blood!!!) the other day.

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
I did ABW State program in 2002 and they've sent me an offer to form an "ABW Alumni team"...fingers crossed (i'm not all that interested in doing anything business-related, but it really is just SOO Fun...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)