Is Your School Clique-y? (1 Viewer)

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
I'm just curious.

In my year, it's extremely segregated. And even though we are all friendly to each other, theres no real comraderie (sp?) or closeness outside each clique/group.

Whats it like at your school?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
yeah same. Well, in my grade at least. Everyone had their own groups and rarely strayed outside those circles. We sorta got abit mixed up at the end of yr 12 amidst the whole teary "omg, i've never talked to you in my life but...im gonna miss you sooooooooo MUCH!" thing...

that said, I wouldnt say we're cliquey cos we got along but it wasn't as smooth as the grade before us (the 03'ers)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
My school as a whole was EXTREMELY cliqueish, I have friends that came to my school from other schools and were just astounded by how difficult they found it to fit in. Even in year 12 we still had "groups" to some extent.
Mind you, my school was also all about playing the game and climbing the social ladder.

\'OrribleCabbage

Mmmm.... Cabbagy...
HSC
My current school (International Grammar School) is the least segregated school I've ever been to. I guess it kind of helps that there are only about 60 or so people in our year, but that's not the only reason, I don't think. Of course everyone has the few close friends they hang out with most often, but everyone also is able to get along with everyone else (as in, could easily spend a lunch or a free period with each other, for example). When I compare this to my previous school, where after two years there were many people whom I had never even spoken to, I definately prefer this un-clique-y-ness.

reemz

HSC
well my grade is in groups, but once your in that group you tend to hate the others? weird people, as a grade we dont get along, we have to be the worst grade cause everyone is about to kill eachother....

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
reemz said:
well my grade is in groups, but once your in that group you tend to hate the others? weird people, as a grade we dont get along, we have to be the worst grade cause everyone is about to kill eachother....
That is not good. At our school the hating is more like an irritation. Everyone is just getting annoyed with everyone else. We've spent too much time together lol.

Why can't we all just get along :rolleyes: (hahaha.)

hipsta_jess.. the social ladder thing sucks eh? Shame you can never escape it. It's life, i guess.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
our school definitely has groups. it kinda sucks because there would be about 50 people in my year that i've never spoken to beyond maybe a brief sentence or two. i guess it helps that im friendly with "groups" other than my own, but its really strange, you would think we could get over it by now.

0Jade0

HSC
My year is pretty small. Although we have groups the whole grade could sit together without any problems.

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
0Jade0 said:
Although we have groups the whole grade could sit together without any problems.
That's very much the same with us. We have our own groups which we tend to stay with most of the time, but any one of us could sit anywhere and it wouldn't matter. My year on a whole is pretty close, everybody gets along with everybody sort of thing.
Well, most of us anyway.

HSC
my school is year 11 and 12 only, and its basically 3 other schools send off their year 11 to our school

I noticed heaps of groups still stay the same, but the year below me has assimilated heaps well (i remember those from my older school with totally different friends and stuff) my group of friends has been the same since year 7

reemz

HSC
alissa_xoxo said:
That is not good. At our school the hating is more like an irritation. Everyone is just getting annoyed with everyone else. We've spent too much time together lol.

Why can't we all just get along :rolleyes: (hahaha.)

hipsta_jess.. the social ladder thing sucks eh? Shame you can never escape it. It's life, i guess.

yeh eventhe teacher realise it i dont no y we r lyk that..... we had fites in the past ad got ova it but there is still tension between the groups... its lyk we cant be a 'happy family' lyk other grades... maybe b'coz our grade is HUGE hmm dont no y

Ryken

HSC
mines grouped. uve got the wogs, the southies, the easties (aka surfies) n then the nurds/geeks. pple talk to eachother in different groups. but there r groups withing groups. like id be considered an eastie n yet there r a few easties who ive never spoken to in the 5 yrs ive been at the school

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
It's funny - there are only 3 asians (2 of them half asians), 2 wogs - and the rest of the year hails from a predominantly white background.

The segregation is more of a social thing

LiL_JeN_JeN

WTF is Goonie Goo Goo
HSC
We are all friendly toward each other (well most...) but everyone still has their 'seat' or group that they sit with and hang with outside of school. My group has a group within a group. A duet (Myself n a friend) are the mischevious pair who do what we want when we want without getting into trouble. We are not fans of a few of the imbeciles in our group due to having parties and not inviting either of us yet setting there in front of us talkin loudly, wildly and rather excitedly about it as if its the best ever (and believe me it would be rather boring anyway, but the sheer fact I dont get invited for no apparent reason pisses me off).

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Our school is somewhat grouped... but not along racial lines because there are only a few asians and 'wogs' in the year... so they have to assimilate or perish!

There's nothing wrong with not talking to half the year-group, because there are many people that are so un-intelligent that you'd be best off avoiding them altogether for fear of their stupifying effect.

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
Haha, there is seperation between my group (and all the others) - as trials slowly arrived, i made a mini-group with the 2 other more intelligent girls in my group.. some of the others are unbeleivably dim and stuck on lower levels of thinking. They're all nice people, but i feel alot more comfortable (and mentally stimulated) around this new crew of 3.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
we got lots of groups that are together because of lots of different criteria. like there is the radiohead fans/suicidal/homosexual group, or the beer/beach/surf group etc.

HSC
My school is basically divided into 2 groups. The people from around Vaucluse, Rose Bay, Double Bay... that side of the city. Then everyone else that come from the other side of the bridge and also people who are at my school on a scholarship. Basically cause apparently people on the Double Bay side of the bridge, have money and everyone else doesn't. Stupid school

ecouch

HSC
my school is also just yr 11 and 12, and the fact that we all came from different schools and had to push ourselves outside our comfort zones to make new friends has helped alot to 'blur' group boundaries, but having 230 students in your year basically means that u aren't going to be able to talk to everyone, its impossible and i must say that at presentation day last year i was like 'whos that' to some of the people collecting their reports, but u become really close to the people in your classes and there is basically no judging, no that person is a hippie so im not talking to them ....... well i've found that anyway, but i could be biased because i would like to believe that everyone gets along in my grade

love the loooooooooooove, share the looooooooooooove

cheap

HSC
My school prides itself in its multiculturalism, yet most cliques are predominantly race-based; particularly with Asians and Indians.

*sigh*

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)