What are your thoughts on the Alex Rider series:

-Stormbreaker
-Point Blanc
-Skeleton Key
-Eagle Strike
-Scorpia
-Ark Angel
-Snakehead

Personally, it is a enjoyable, exciting, captivating read about a teenage "superspy".

4unitfreak

HSC
Yessum :) I've read all seven, can't wait for the next one. The movie adaptation of the first one got me into the series... I think they're really good.

stonearse

HSC
yea, its fair good...its a shame my school doesn't have enough copies of Scorpia cos that's where i'm up to

Ezzzgi

HSC
Agreed - though I personally didn't think the movie would've got me into the book... But I always think the book's better :)

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Ive watched the movie and played the board game?:uhhuh:

jules.09

HSC
Rebekkie said:
movie was baaaaddddd

scorpia easily my fave (so clever and all the family stuff...) followed by stormbreaker.
i've read all of them but i haven't enjoyed them as much in the last couple of years. i think i've outgrown them and he's still staying the same age. shame though, they had potential.
I agree, the movie sucked.

I own all the Alex Rider series and Scorpia and Eagle Strike were my favourites, as they were very cleverly written.

The worst out of the series was Ark Angel; it was very unsatisfying and cliched. But yes, the series is awesome.

That British show 'Spooks' was like a grown up version of Alex Rider, very worthwhile to watch.

Gauss

HSC
N/A
it is good for young kids but you soon get tired of him getting out of everything so easily!!!!!!!!!!

ratcher0071

HSC
Gauss said:
it is good for young kids but you soon get tired of him getting out of everything so easily!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, how many times can a kid survive death? :confused:

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
It is a good series and quite well written fro a younger aimed series (quite well paced) I just wish that they had not made it so alex is always 14.. it would have been better to have him develop more a character as he gets old rather than some development and him getting all angsty

definately will read the next one, own the books and the movie (movie was sort of ok, definately some good parts but very kiddish)

HSC
Uni Grad
I liked them all, all really great, but after Scorpia, I found it less interesting, Favs are Eagle Strike, Storm Breaker, Point Blanc.

Tasteless

HSC
I'd totally forgotten about this series, need to read the last two books.
Same with artemis fowl actually.

Time to get on dat shiet.

Tasteless

HSC
read them on the plane and we can get to a new country and be heartbroken together.

I'm about 80% sure it's going to haunt me longer than fred weasley.
Fred hit me in the gut at the time but I was over it p quick, was sadder about lupin probs

but okay ill read artemis first (now if i can) then and sorrows can be drowned at xmas about ridawgs

god i hope i still remember everything it's been so long

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
movie was baaaaddddd

scorpia easily my fave (so clever and all the family stuff...) followed by stormbreaker.
i've read all of them but i haven't enjoyed them as much in the last couple of years. i think i've outgrown them and he's still staying the same age. shame though, they had potential.
The movie was soooooooo bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)