Michael Ondaatje (1 Viewer)

historia

HSC
Hi,

Does anyone know any writers with a similar style to this guy? I read Anil's Ghost and the English Patient and really liked how poetic his descriptions were.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
He's good but Gabriel Garcia Marquez is in a whole new league of a similar style.

Also word on the streets is that Scott Fitzgerald is also an amazingly poetic writer as well as Sylvia Plath (but her stuff is haunting as fuck)

historia

HSC
He's good but Gabriel Garcia Marquez is in a whole new league of a similar style.

Also word on the streets is that Scott Fitzgerald is also an amazingly poetic writer as well as Sylvia Plath (but her stuff is haunting as fuck)
Ty i'll have to have a look

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi,

Does anyone know any writers with a similar style to this guy? I read Anil's Ghost and the English Patient and really liked how poetic his descriptions were.
This doesn't answer your question but have you read In the Skin of a Lion? It's one of my favourite books and I used it for an in depth analysis for English extension 1 in year 11. I think we were studying post-colonialism. I highly recommend it!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)