Abortion: What are your background beliefs? RM (1 Viewer)

Abortion: What are your background beliefs?

• Pro-Choice: Practicing Christian/Catholic.

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Pro-Choice: Other religion/faith/belief (specify!).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pro-Choice: Non-practicing Christian/Catholic.

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Pro-Choice: Agnostic.

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Pro-Choice: Athiest.

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Pro-Life: Practicing Christian/Catholic.

• Pro-Life: Other religion/faith/belief (specify!).

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Pro-Life: Non-practicing Christian/Catholic.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pro-Life: Agnostic.

• Pro-Life: Athiest.

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters

Aime Fantasy

HSC
Thanks to Generator for closing the other thread. I've worked them out on word so all I have to is copy+paste the questions out.

Anyway, as the title says, what are your background beliefs when it comes to abortion? I think it'll be interesting when the results come in.

So! Please don't debate on this thread. That kinda talk is for the other thread Generator made! Please only post of you're specifying your belief or explaining your view on your religion (like you maybe agnostic, but you may have a Catholic background or whatever) Mods, if you don't like the questions, please delete/lock the thread btw...

Thanks all! :)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
my option isnt in there :(... my background would be non practising christian i guess though.

volition

arr.
HSC
I reckon that there is a higher proportion of atheists/agnostics on this forum than there are in the population as whole, which might skew the results.

This is just a guess though

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Doesn't matter, the real interesting thing will be to see ratio of Christian pro life:Christian pro choice as well as the corresponding ratio for non-believers.

Aime Fantasy

HSC
AntiHyper said:
Minor error, you've mis-spelled atheist as "athiest" in the poll.
Damn! Thanks for the correction. I don't think I can modify the poll unfortunatly. :(

serius said:
my option isnt in there :(... my background would be non practising christian i guess though.
What is your background then? Sorry that I didn't get to put yours in!

And for the record, I'm pro-life agnostic.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Some unwise pro-lifer could make some inaccurate assumptions from this data, especially those who feel that religion is a basis for morals. Although again, not the right thread hey.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
volition said:
I reckon that there is a higher proportion of atheists/agnostics on this forum than there are in the population as whole, which might skew the results.

This is just a guess though
I don't think thats true. I would argue that the atheists/agnostics on BoS are more eager to speak their mind, whereas most religious people I find here are apathetic about their own religion.

That's just my general observation as of late.

gerhard

HSC
lol at 5/26 ppl believing in god
thats like what, abit under 20 percent?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
gerhard said:
lol at 5/26 ppl believing in god
thats like what, abit under 20 percent?
True.

Although I remember when I was Christian and pretty dead set about it, but was on BoS, I would stay away from particular threads because I had the *why bother* mentality.

(I was always pro-choice, I just kinda stayed away from Does God Exist and God VS Evolution etc.... I believed in God and Evolution simultaneously...)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
This thread should have been named "The God Debate: Does Abortion Exist?" because they seem to be the 2 trivialities along with homosexuality in australia (wtf?) that this forum is obsessed with lately.

Oh, and I'm not pro-life, I'm just plain old anti-choice.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
The opposite of "pro-life" is "pro-death" , "pro-choice" is inaccurate, please change it.

Generator

HSC
N/A
bshoc said:
The opposite of "pro-life" is "pro-death" , "pro-choice" is inaccurate, please change it.
This isn't the thread, bshoc - Aime knew that the terms themselves would be contested (your position, pro-choice vs. anti-choice, etc.), so that is why he asked (wisely) that the thread not become the subject of its own debate.

lengy

HSC
If we change pro-choice to pro-death then I propose we change pro-life to pro-oppression.

*Minka*

HSC
Pro-Choice Atheist.

I have never been Christian - I grew up in Yugoslavia during the midst of civil war and those events made it impossible for me to ever have any scrap of faith in a "loving" God.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)