student strike at APEC (1 Viewer)

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Isn't the point of a strike that it disrupts the organisation it's intended to influence? How does pissing off a couple of teachers help defeat the Global Empire of Capitalism?

Justin

HSC
How come every so often, someone with less than 10 posts comes to this forum and asks who is joining in the protests (wherever those protests may be).

It's the most pointless trolling ever.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
APEC is 8-9th.

Last edited by a moderator:

j_davo24

HSC
A little off topic, but doesn't the fact that Bush isn't going to be here for the majority of the meeting prove how muhc of a joke APEC actually is? I mean if the most important person at the meeting feels that its more important to go home for 'progress report' on the Iraq war then I hardly feel it's something worth protesting about.

What the hell does he need to be in Washington for a progress report for? I refuse to believe that the most powerful nation on earth doesn't have the ability for a secure teleconference whilst he is here in Sydney. Hell if they don't want to risk the security then couldn't it just wait a couple of days?

Whilst the theories behind APEC are great and it has had some success for Australia and it's Asian relations this just shows how seriously the more powerful nations take it. I get the feeling that its just an even more cost inflated version of those council junkets Today Tonight report on every second week...

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
j_davo24 said:
A little off topic, but doesn't the fact that Bush isn't going to be here for the majority of the meeting prove how muhc of a joke APEC actually is? I mean if the most important person at the meeting feels that its more important to go home for 'progress report' on the Iraq war then I hardly feel it's something worth protesting about.

What the hell does he need to be in Washington for a progress report for? I refuse to believe that the most powerful nation on earth doesn't have the ability for a secure teleconference whilst he is here in Sydney. Hell if they don't want to risk the security then couldn't it just wait a couple of days?

Whilst the theories behind APEC are great and it has had some success for Australia and it's Asian relations this just shows how seriously the more powerful nations take it. I get the feeling that its just an even more cost inflated version of those council junkets Today Tonight report on every second week...
The progress report will be released publicly and will be one of the most significant political events of this half of the year. It'll be a bad look if he responds to it in a brief press conference halfway around the world.

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
Yeh let's stop those Asians from economic growth. We want them to continue living in lower standards of living than ours so we can feel good!

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
tell us your reason for calling student strike, otherwise I don't want to break law and put a bad mark on my clean and spotless character history. I definitely don't wat to have my mugshot taken by police because oneday I might want to be the Governor General of Australia and I don't want to be called that APEC hippie protestor. ;)

jimmayyy

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
the cops, hopefully with dogs

EDIT: and batons
qft

i hope you get the fuck stomped out of you, hippie. the police have great new powers to deal with you long haired, bong smoking lefties at APEC.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
maybe this means my tutes wont have 30 people in it

j_davo24

HSC
Triangulum said:
The progress report will be released publicly and will be one of the most significant political events of this half of the year. It'll be a bad look if he responds to it in a brief press conference halfway around the world.
And the freeing up of barriers to trade and establishing a combined effort to the problems present in the Pacific region well into the future isn't as important? As I said before if they want APEC to be taken seriously the US has to treat it that way. You cannot possibly tell me this report couldn't wait 3 or 4 days?

Significant event for whom? The US or the rest of the world. The war is another Vietnam. They've started something they can't finish.

politik said:
Actually fuckstick, APEC is one of the few conferences that the President of the US actually attends.
And you can go fuck yourself. The point of the post was that he's made up some bullshit excuse to not be there whilst the majority of business is taking place. Not that he's not coming at all. Theres a huge difference between attending and taking something seriously.

Also according to this list he's actually attended quite a lot of conferences. So making out that APEC is a rarity is competely wrong.

Last edited:

Raven3333

Jerk
HSC
I would go but I:

1. Support the government.
2. Don't see it as anything but a massive waste of time.
3. Police resources will be tied up with APEC so this will be the ideal time to go on a destructive drunken rampage without getting arrested.
4. Will be recovering from a hang-over.

That is all.

Snaykew

HSC
N/A
Come on guys, don't you see the horrific actions these people are committing? They are trying to encourage economic growth in the Asia Pacific! We can't have those Asians getting richer and having a better standard of living! What unclean thoughts.

Snaykew

HSC
N/A
Musk said:
Yes retarded, down syndrome style
Yes, my statements were serious business and I was not taking the piss outta the organiser or anything. :]

Snaykew

HSC
N/A
Musk said:
When are you gonna realise that your protests do not do anything apart from the media portraying you lot as uneducated little monsters.
My sarcasm-radar is starting to break. :(

Snaykew

HSC
N/A
Ok now I'm scared. ;_;

How does you know me?! >=[

Last edited:

Snaykew

HSC
N/A
But I only know people who finished their HSC in 2006. :/ What is this hax!

*throws arms in the air*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)