Gay Nigerian Face Sharia Death (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
Gay Nigerians face Sharia death

Eighteen men have been remanded in prison following their arrest for alleged sodomy in northern Nigeria, the state-owned news agency, Nan, reports.
The men were arrested in a hotel in north-eastern Bauchi State, which is governed by the Islamic Sharia law.
The Sharia punishment for sodomy is death by stoning.
The men, reportedly wearing women's clothes, are said to have gone to Bauchi town from neighbouring states to celebrate a "gay wedding".
Sharia judge Malam Tanimu ordered that the 18 be remanded in prison after they were arraigned before him on Wednesday.
Prosecuting police officer Tadius Boboi said the men's actions had contravened Sharia law, adopted in Bauchi and a dozen other states in Muslim northern Nigeria in 2000.
Amputations
More than a dozen Nigerian Muslims have been sentenced to death by stoning and for sexual offences ranging from adultery and homosexuality.
But none of these death sentences have actually been carried out as they were either thrown out on appeal or commuted to prison terms as a result of pressure from human rights groups.
Many others have been sentenced to flogging by horsewhip for drinking.
But there have been two amputations in north-western Zamfara State which pioneered the introduction of the Islamic legal system in the country.
Taboo
Nigeria, like many African countries, is a conservative society where homosexuality is considered a taboo.
The Nigerian parliament has been trying to pass a controversial law introduced by former President Olusegun Obasanjo banning gay rights organisations.
Gay activists and some human rights groups have condemned the proposed legislation and called for its rejection.
But homosexuality and same sex marriage are illegal in Nigeria and are considered very serious offences.
In April, a woman reportedly fled Nigeria after being accused of organising a polygamous lesbian wedding.
She later denied the reports. Two years ago, a Sharia court sentenced a man to six months in prison and fined him $38 for living as a woman for seven years in Kano.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6940061.stm
Do you think gays have too much rights in this country? Shouldn't they be happy with the fact that they are not stoned to death on Oxford Street and think about the fate of gays in other countries; and perhaps stop asking for marriage rights etc.

Justin

HSC
Go tell Today Tonight i'm sure they'd love to make a story about it.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
hahahahahahaha :rofl::rofl:mad: the title of the thread "Gay Nigerian Face Sharia Death" go fix your bloody grammar you moron :)

Last edited:

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
MaNiElla said:
hahahahahahaha :rofl::rofl:mad: the title of the thread "Gay Nigerian Face Sharia Death" go fix your bloody grammar you moron :)
That is exactly what the BBC website said. Ha ha a leb trying to correct BBC News english LOL! We don't use leb english here sorry and my grammar is perfectly correct.

:D :D

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
MaNiElla said:
From someone who wrote a sentence with no full stop, capitalisation or commas where appropriate, that's a bit rich.

jimmayyy

HSC
Justin said:
Go tell Today Tonight i'm sure they'd love to make a story about it.
shit man, is that your only comeback? every single response from you on an issue like this is like "today tonite a current affair lolz".

anyway, OP is just another example of how it's okay to have laws in direct violation of any number of human rights bills passed by the UN "cus we r teh islams lol".

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
PrinceHarry said:
That is exactly what the BBC website said. Ha ha a leb trying to correct BBC News english LOL! We don't use leb english here sorry and my grammar is perfectly correct.

:D :D
Are you bloody retarded? the title on BBC's website is "Gay Nigerians face Sharia death" and not "Gay Nigerian Face Sharia Death", which makes a huge difference. :rofl: :rofl: :D:D:D
Sorry mate, but your grammar is nowhere near correct :santa:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
im a gAy NiGeRiaN

Justin

HSC
jimmayyy said:
shit man, is that your only comeback? every single response from you on an issue like this is like "today tonite a current affair lolz".

anyway, OP is just another example of how it's okay to have laws in direct violation of any number of human rights bills passed by the UN "cus we r teh islams lol".
Are you saying that i'm.... REPETATIVE?

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
MaNiElla said:
Are you bloody retarded? the title on BBC's website is "Gay Nigerians face Sharia death" and not "Gay Nigerian Face Sharia Death", which makes a huge difference. :rofl: :rofl: :D:D:D
lol nice work, kingharry got pawned

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
MaNiElla said:
Ahah, you highlighted FACE and now Nigerians.

Even if I used Nigerian it is still perfectly correct. It is funny how a leb tried to be a smart arse :rofl: :rofl: and turned out herself to be a tool ;)

Justin

HSC
Why can't this thread title be with out a face?

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
PrinceHarry said:
Ahah, you highlighted FACE and now Nigerians.

Even if I used Nigerian it is still perfectly correct. It is funny how a leb tried to be a smart arse :rofl: :rofl: and turned out herself to be a tool ;)
gosh your so stupid man :apig::apig: Im not even going to explain my post to you, because your just soooo unbelievably unintelligent.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
has anyone pointed out that the thread's title has a small grammatical error in it??? lets debate for five pages about it. worthless thread GO!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
jb_nc said:
has anyone pointed out that the thread's title has a small grammatical error in it??? lets debate for five pages about it. worthless thread GO!
ISLAM INVENTED THE SENTENCE.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:
I just pointed it out for fun, but that fagot took it personally:rolleyes:

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
MaNiElla said:
gosh your so stupid man :apig::apig: Im not even going to explain my post to you, because your just soooo unbelievably unintelligent.
If you are complaining the use of caps, look at your post i just quoted. Someone who don't know that sentence start with capital, someone who don't know the difference between you are and your :D :rofl: Typical lebs

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
So, not much debate going on here.

Nor was it very inviting. I would argue that just because a group possesses a better quality of life than those in other countries, does not mean they do not deserve "any more rights". Within the same logic, you could argue that women should've stopped complaining about not being able to vote because in other countries, women are much worse off?

Anyway, obviously this thread isn't going anywhere. I would advise the threadstarter to be a bit more mindful about creating effective threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)