John Laws' Opinion on Asian Drivers (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
he called asians (chinese in particular) the worst drivers, and elaborated the comment with indications to their heights and eye sights.

anyone knows where he lives so i can fk him up?

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
John Laws in trouble again? Bagging out Asian drivers

Once again John Laws gets into trouble, this time baggins asian drivers: quote: I understand that Chinese drivers are probably the worst drivers on the face of the earth," he said

He says his just telling the truth.......Do u think its a fair call since we live in country that allows freedom of speech? Or is just plain out racist comment!

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Re: John Laws in trouble again? Bagging out Asian drivers

2syllables said:
Once again John Laws gets into trouble, this time baggins asian drivers: quote: I understand that Chinese drivers are probably the worst drivers on the face of the earth," he said

He says his just telling the truth.......Do u think its a fair call since we live in country that allows freedom of speech? Or is just plain out racist comment!
It's a fair call... and it is certainly not racist... he didn't say he hates Asians he just said they can't drive.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC

Fuck Asians are dodgy though

deadly imported goods

drastically reducing terrorists' sentences because it's a public holiday

driving

the list goes on :D

EDIT: I'm not racist, I'm just being controlled by the media

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Re: John Law

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA oh the irony.

EDIT: It's funny because Asians can't deal with plurals.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Re: John Law

Where are your article links?

I think, given the context of it all, it was pretty rude. He just kept lingering on the topic, and was quite rude to her.

Audio Link of John Laws

I feel uncomfortable when people make quick assumptions like that. As she was talking about never needing to go east sydney before, to butt in and go "you sound like you're from the east" as well as "you've got to ... well, I won't put it that way ... well i will: you've got to keep your eyes open" as some witty random remark out of nowhere. And then presume that she was little, to the point that it looks like no one is driving the car. Call me a little touchy on the racial issue, but I'm so tired of it recently.

Last edited:

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Sure he's a cunt, but I had a person of Asian appearance pullout infront of me the other day and they really werent quite sure how to drive their car properly so.....no comment.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC

iamsickofyear12 said:
It's a fair call... and it is certainly not racist... he didn't say he hates Asians he just said they can't drive.
you're plain ignorant man. certainly not racist? he pointed specifically to asians and chinese , how much more racist can you get? it is people like him who would start the cronulla riot, thinking one race is superior than the other.

what origin are you? how would you like it if i said 'your origin' are the dumbest people on the face of the planet?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
wuddie said:
you're plain ignorant man. certainly not racist? he pointed specifically to asians and chinese , how much more racist can you get? it is people like him who would start the cronulla riot, thinking one race is superior than the other.

what origin are you? how would you like it if i said 'your origin' are the dumbest people on the face of the planet?
You need to learn what racism means. It doesn't just mean "saying anything bad about another race." He didn't day Asians were inferior he just said they didn't know how to drive. There is a big difference.

If you said my race were the dumbest people on the face of the planet I would say..."but at least we can drive properly."

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
From my observations, in terms of skill Asian drivers are not any worse than anybody else.

However, in terms of driving courtesy and manners while driving they are the worst. I remember that i was driving through a narrow street (i'm an L-plater) and this asian woman driving a Lexus IS200 just drove, and at a high speed considering the street (around 50-60), and barely missed me. She didn't even seem to care and didn't even recognise me. It was as if she was forcing her way (as i had to pull over to let her through) past me.

Thats where i believe the stereotype comes from.

Edit: But Lebanese are the worst drivers. I know one guy who has a mother who drives at a speed of over 100 and blares the horn whenever someone slower than her drives in front of her or tries to pull through.

Last edited:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
You need to learn what racism means. It doesn't just mean "saying anything bad about another race." He didn't day Asians were inferior he just said they didn't know how to drive. There is a big difference.

If you said my race were the dumbest people on the face of the planet I would say..."but at least we can drive properly."
He made rude assumptions and generalisations about her repeatedly and also attempted to make witty remarks regarding her and the stereotype. Yes, there are always a few things that people are too quick to label as racism, but it isn't always black and white. I would firstly consider the context, and in this case, it was totally uncalled for.

There are a lot of weird people out there. You don't need to be asian to somehow believe the cross city tunnel was for free.

Last edited:

alfonso22

HSC
i see them all the time trying to do a simple curbside park... that is a necessity in the test.. they end up giving up because afetr 10 moves the car still isn't in the spot....

there needs to be consistency while testing drivers and those who come from overseas and hold an international licence should be made to sit the test..

that way if you can drive and obey the rules you should be fine when driving.. if you can't you shouldn't be on the road at all

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
alfonso22 said:
i see them all the time trying to do a simple curbside park... that is a necessity in the test.. they end up giving up because afetr 10 moves the car still isn't in the spot....

there needs to be consistency while testing drivers and those who come from overseas and hold an international licence should be made to sit the test..

that way if you can drive and obey the rules you should be fine when driving.. if you can't you shouldn't be on the road at all
This is not a thread where you can complain about asian drivers.

Raven3333

Jerk
HSC
I agree with John Laws, Asians are the worst drivers. I mean its not that fucking hard to change lanes, change gears, INDICATE, yet they always seem to fuck it up, espacially Asian cabbies and Asian women.

John Law's isn't rascist (well he is but not on this point), this purley a freedom of speech issue and its a sad day when one can't express his/her opinion without being branded a rascist or biggot.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
He made rude assumptions and generalisations about her repeatedly and also attempted to make witty remarks regarding her and the stereotype. Yes, there are always a few things that people are too quick to label as racism, but it isn't always black and white. I would firstly consider the context, and in this case, it was totally uncalled for.

There are a lot of weird people out there. You don't need to be asian to somehow believe the cross city tunnel was for free.
So? I'm sure most of it was true anyway.

I agree that he wasn't very nice but that's about it... if she wasn't such a moron it never would of happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)