Australian Citizenship Test (1 Viewer)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Government unveils new citizenship test
Aussies have new definition
Citizenship test

The truth of the matter is that most fair dinkum 'Strayan born uneducated rednecks couldn't pass this test.

It's disgusting, and the only upside is there might be a way to make money by selling the answers to illegal immigrants.

Just ask yourself, could the average bogan "battler" true blue aussie answer ANY of the following without embarrassing themselves (not actual questions but along the same lines, from the third link above)

1. Q. When did Australia's first European immigrants arrive?

2. Q. What event in the mid-19th-century, attracted an average of 50 000 free settlers to Australia?

4. Q. Of which two peoples does Australia's Indigenous population comprise?

8. Q. Where does the name 'Canberra' originate from?

9. Q. Does Australia have an official or state religion?

12. Q. What are our National colours?

17. Q. In what year was there a proposal to change the Aboriginal sections of the constitution so they could be counted in the nation's census?

19. Q. Name three of Australia's strongest industries?

20. Q. What are Australia's biggest exports?

I don't think so!

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
You get to become a permanent resident before you are eligible for citizen ship. In the time of the 2-3 years (read a year 10 history text) it takes under PR, if you cannot answer those questions you are a dumb fuck and should be deported.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
jb_nc said:
You get to become a permanent resident before you come here. In the time of the 2-3 years (read a year 10 history text) it takes you cannot answer those questions you are a dumb fuck and should be deported.
Half your "true" born & bred Aussie battlers couldn't answer those, why should we be denying people citizenship because they don't know some old white man's definition of "mateship" :rolleyes:

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Captain Gh3y said:
Half your "true" born & bred Aussie battlers couldn't answer those, why should we be denying people citizenship because they don't know some old white man's definition of "mateship" :rolleyes:
Britain has a similar test, works fine, so does the US and Canada.

Most of the migrants that come here are skilled so I'm guessing they could pass a test. You could probably read a newspaper everyday for your PR period and pick up the answers to those.

I honestly doubt anyone won't be granted citizenship because they failed the test. How many attempts do you have? Unlimited.

If you're going to say it's stupid don't say because some bogan couldn't pass it, say its a waste of taxpayers money.

banco55

HSC
Optophobia said:
No guys the government is setting this test to protect us and our astrayan values and he's doing it because he's conservative and who believes in protecting the astrayan way of life which is more than the labor party would do who let in many more imigrantz than the liberals and im voting to re-elect the liberal government this upcoming election because they're more in line with what i think than the labor party guyz despite 160,000 immigrants being let in and this test is supposed to make me believe that this is somehow moderating our borders to protect us from un-astrayan influences.

Get with it guyz.
I love the reflexive sneering at Australian values that inevitably comes with these threads.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
So if immigrants can learn it in 2-3 years, and you support the deportations of dumb fucks, why not deport the redneck, bogan trash aussies who have had their whole lifetime to learn it was well.
n.b. you dont get deported on PR unless you commit a crime

cool

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Optophobia said:
Did your relatives pass a test to be able to come here?
yes.

r u going to send me back to africa

banco55

HSC
zimmerman8k said:
there has not been one example of that in this thread. also what are australian values, who is to say what they are, why cant we snear at them and who is to say that they are not completely wrong?
You're right there's no such thing. Australian culture and values are identical to China and Iran's values and cultures.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Optophobia said:
Edit: I hope they don't ask a question about Rolf Harris, because you'd fucking fail it seeing as he isn't even dead and your signature doesn't make sense.
hahahah

banco55

HSC
zimmerman8k said:
I didnt say there is not such thing. I was implying that they are not clearly defined and most importantly that although you may delight in pointing out that they are better than Iran's, they are not necessarily right. So what is wrong with sneering at them?
I'd say you can define at least 3:

Democracy-Australia has one of the longest records of uninterrupted democracy in the world

rule of law/seperation of powers

freedom of speech-If you look at Australian history the restrictions on freedom of speech have been few and far between

Now if we had a hypothetical immigrant B who opposes democracy, freedom of speech and thinks the rule of law is a quaint but silly idea then we would be stupid to give immigrant B citizenship.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
banco55 said:
I'd say you can define at least 3:

Democracy-Australia has one of the longest records of uninterrupted democracy in the world

rule of law/seperation of powers

freedom of speech-If you look at Australian history the restrictions on freedom of speech have been few and far between

Now if we had a hypothetical immigrant B who opposes democracy, freedom of speech and thinks the rule of law is a quaint but silly idea then we would be stupid to give immigrant B citizenship.
Guy, most if not all Western countries have those particular "values", but I agree that the test should include questions based on these. The risk of that however is that the test may be turned into something of a farce ("IS IT WRONG TO KILL ANOTHER MAN?!!?"), which is only slightly worse than what it is now.

banco55

HSC
A High Way Man said:
Guy, most if not all Western countries have those particular "values".
No shit Guy. In case you hadn't noticed a lot of our wanna be citizens don't come western countries where those values are found.

banco55

HSC
zimmerman8k said:
They're not values. They're just aspects of our legal system. Even if an immigrant privately opposed these things, unless they were militant and violent in their beliefs I can't see that they would pose any threat. If that was the case then their violent tendancies would be the issue, not there values.

Furthermore if we do screen for these values, immigrants that do not hold them can easily learn the "correct" values and pass anyway. The whole process is worthless.
You don't think a nations values and it's legal system are intimately connected?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
I don't think it's necessarily a bad idea to ensure that all intending citizens know how the electoral system works (in basic terms - not the ins and outs of proportional representation and so on), what their rights and responsibilities as citizens are and so on. But I don't think that the ability to name Australia's first prime minister or the exact date of European settlement, or some vague acknowledgement that Australian values are 'British', are necessary for citizenship.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Also the test should be restructured as to get rid of all the short answer fluff bullshit history questions. They should be replaced with medium response questions which should be reviewed by a board of International Studies graduates. The responses may be written in the immigrants first language if they please.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
only a minority of the australian populace know what democracy, seperation of powers and freedom of speech are.

Frankie-George

HSC
Regardless of whether or not such a test works for Britain and Canada, Australia's track record with immigration tests isn't all that shiny. While the days of the dictation tests are (thankfully) done with and learnt from, there still exists an inordinate amount of fear of and prejudice against immigrants, especially from developing countries or hotspots, as spectacularly demonstrated by Harry here.

I don't think it's really a good idea to design a test to see whether people are suitable for citizenship when our past shows that such a test is easily abused by the officials conducting it simply because they're afraid of a person they've never met and a religion that they don't understand.

banco55

HSC
jb_nc said:
only a minority of the australian populace know what democracy, seperation of powers and freedom of speech are.
You dont' think much of your fellow Australians do you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)