Some dude gets shot to death in Wollongong (1 Viewer)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
So Friday night Wollongong had its first shooting in ages, certainly the first one this year.

First hand stories i heard go like this: a man dressed up in black and wearing a balaclava came up to some dude and shot him with a shotgun, he either missed or hit him in his arm or something because the guy who was about to be jacked up ran inside splashes [ the club in question], then the dude who some are calling a hit man ran in after him and then shot him again in the head.

A 29-year-old died when he was shot in the head at about 3am (AEST) at Splashes Nightclub, part of the Novotel Northbeach, on Wollongong's Cliff Road.

It is believed the man was shot at point blank range and died instantly.
MAN was shot in the head in an execution-style killing outside a nightclub yesterday.

Witnesses said the 29-year-old victim was gunned down as he tried to flee his balaclava-wearing killer outside the Splashes nightspot in Wollongong at about 3am.

A 42-year-old security guard from the club, which is part of the Novotel Northbeach Hotel, was struck in the shoulder by a stray bullet from a handgun during the shooting.
these articles say handgun, people told me shotgun so i have no idea what it was, maybe he had both? or a sawed off shotgun which can be confused with a handgun.

Looks like splashes is either going to close up or either way lose business because who wants to dance where some guy got his brains splattered?

linkies: http://www.theage.com.au/news/National/Police-hunt-Wollongong-gunman/2007/09/08/1188783531308.html

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/chased-then-executed/2007/09/08/1188783556059.html

HSC
): That's creepy. And you live in wollongong.
Aren't you scared?

HSC
whats up with wollongong these days? i heard that someone got ambushed at a set of traffic lights. they sped off and called the police but i've heard that's happening a bit these days...?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
if you are talking about the car jacking, that happened to the car in front of my mum and the people responsible were caught.

A group of my friends were going to go to splashes that night but apparently Cooneys was going to have some great dj in or some shit so we ended up going there.

As horrible as this was, it doesnt sound like an average citizen or gang member shooting someone over a dispute. It looks to me to have been a hit. Hitmen are professional, they dont go killing random citizens, usually they are after some random drug lord or something. This isnt really a sign that wollongong is going down hill, more like its a once off killing probably about a drug deal gone bad.

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
A man was recently stabbed to death by some teenagers in narabeen too, not far from the suburb i live in. I can't imagine what the victim would be thinking knowing he was going to die in that split second. I feel sorry for him on sentimental reason. It'll be interesting to know the victim's background.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
PrinceHarry said:
A man was recently stabbed to death by some teenagers in narabeen too, not far from the suburb i live in. I can't imagine what the victim would be thinking knowing he was going to die in that split second. I feel sorry for him on sentimental reason. It'll be interesting to know the victim's background.
i thought u livd in lodnon

mishy-mushu

HSC
I just wanna know what gives ppl the right to take away someone's life? I mean I think its fuk'd up how ppl go around shooting ppl. If you have issues that make you want to shoot ppl then manybe you should shoot yaself. Its ashame that this is what the world is coming too.

MissSarajevo

HSC
I decided not to move to wollongong after reading this news. I'm too sexy to die just yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)