Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Holy Qu'ran- Favourite verses

HSC
    N/A

Re: The Holy Qu'ran- Favourite verses

Quote Originally Posted by aLIS
    edi:
    Every muslim may not KNOW arabic but most LEARN arabic to read the quran in its originality.
    And the new edit: No, I am 110% sure that most do not learn arabic to read the qu'ran in its originality otherwise the 100+ or so non-arabic Muslims I know who haven't read the qu'ran in Arabic or learnt Arabic in order to read it are some statistical anomaly hidden from the Muslim world. I might go so far to say it is the Jewish run media that hides them from you? Or do they fabricate them?
    Last edited by Ba'al Shem Tov; 28 Sep 2007 at 2:03 AM.
    Kicking Boston University Professor Ass Since 2008

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A

hi...all the muslims out there remember the Surah Al-Khaafirooon......

1. Say (O Muhammad () to these Mushrikûn and Kâfirûn): "O Al-Kâfirûn (disbelievers in Allâh, in His Oneness, in His Angels, in His Books, in His Messengers, in the Day of Resurrection, and in Al-Qadar, etc.)!

2. "I worship not that which you worship,

3. "Nor will you worship that which I worship.

4. "And I shall not worship that which you are worshipping.

5. "Nor will you worship that which I worship.

6. "To you be your religion, and to me my religion

Executive Member beentherdunthat's Avatar
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Optophobia

YEhhh!

..and what's gonna be done about it?

IF you know two languages, you would know that sometimes things translate into something worse- that is, it becomes taken out of context.

For example, if someone is shouting at you and you tell them to 'eat me'- we know the metaphorical implication. Say that in arabic and the person takes GREAT offence (Previous experience hehe).

It's quite normal then that Australians took offence to what the sheick said... It obviously wasn't intended for Aussies to hear it, because in Arabic, it sounds different... not so bad and the implication isn't as bad. The sheick didn't mean any harm by it.

ari89 - Wtf
    Last edited by beentherdunthat; 29 Sep 2007 at 2:30 AM.

HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by beentherdunthat
    ari89 - Wtf
    B Arts (Hons)/B Laws
    Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil

HSC

"to you your religion, to me mine"...or sumthing like that? correct me..
    Thats surat al-kafiroon. As posted by retarted777:

hi...all the muslims out there remember the Surah Al-Khaafirooon......

1. Say (O Muhammad () to these Mushrikûn and Kâfirûn): "O Al-Kâfirûn (disbelievers in Allâh, in His Oneness, in His Angels, in His Books, in His Messengers, in the Day of Resurrection, and in Al-Qadar, etc.)!

2. "I worship not that which you worship,

3. "Nor will you worship that which I worship.

4. "And I shall not worship that which you are worshipping.

5. "Nor will you worship that which I worship.

6. "To you be your religion, and to me my religion

i havnt had a chance to read the quran this ramadan.. feeling pretty guilty lol
    still time left inshallah; do not delay further!

Executive Member beentherdunthat's Avatar
    HSC

^^ Me too... I need spiritual guidance.

HSC

How the hell can anyone put faith into a religion that teaches such obvious contradictions? On one hand, you have the book telling you to respect other religions, and then on the other hand you have the book telling you to kill those who don't follow this Mohammed dude. Retarded.

And before it comes up, I'm aware that the Bible is equally contradictory as the Quran. I dislike both.

Meowmix
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by mentos
    ummm did a muslim mufti not say that Australian women were like uncovered meat.....is that not encouraging rape????????????? if the quran is so Holy why are muslim leaders encouraging hatred and violence against women?????
    You see, hatred and violence against women is holy in the eyes of Allah. It's very simple, no?

HSC
    N/A

The Prophet (the blessing and peace of Allah be upon him) said: "Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?" The women said: "Yes." He said: "This is because of the deficiency of her mind."

AND

"Upon this the woman remarked: What is wrong with our common sense and with religion? He (the Holy Prophet) observed: Your lack of common sense (can be well judged from the fact) that the evidence of two women is equal to one man, that is a proof of the lack of common sense."

AND

". . . Wives have the same rights as the husbands have on them in accordance with the generally known principles. Of course, men are a degree above them in status . . . "

AND

The Prophet said, "I looked at Paradise and found poor people forming the majority of its inhabitants; and I looked at Hell and saw that the majority of its inhabitants were women."

<SUP></SUP>
    hahahaha

Kicking Boston University Professor Ass Since 2008

HSC

Ari89, so you’re telling me you have judged an entire race/community according to your experience with a few individuals, and yet accuse me of being illogical/making generalisations?

About terrorism, ofcourse, Islam does NOT permit terrorism! Islam is a religion of mercy and kindness.

God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealiong justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers
    (Qur’an, 60:8)

There are extremists in all religions, it isn’t fair to think of everyone like this. Fighting and killing will always be wrong, this faith and its followers will never support this.

The status of women in islam? They are seen as individuals in their own right, can do everything men can do for example: own or get rid of property or earnings, can buy sell, give gifts charity etc etc.

The most perfect of the believers in faith are the best of them in morals. And the best among them are those who are best to their wives.
    (^narrated in Mosnad Ahmed #7354 and Al-Tirmizi, #1162)

Mothers in Islam are highly honoured, as in Hadith.

You wonder about the role of women in islam, but I’m just wondering, aren’t women in Christianity described to have made the original sin, since Eve? Or was that just in the olden days?

HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by ditto
    Ari89, so you’re telling me you have judged an entire race/community according to your experience with a few individuals, and yet accuse me of being illogical/making generalisations?

Read what I wrote
    . I said I had an opinion of those people and I also had an opinion of great Muslim people I know (eg. agentprovocator who posted above). The entire point of that section of the post was that I hadn't judged an entire race and my opinion of those people was based on their actions just as my opinion on the other group was based on their actions.

Now I should really accuse you of being illiterate and what not (as your constant reaction does play that way). Please read the entire post before you attempt to rebut it as it would save you much time and embarrassment.
    Last edited by ari89; 2 Oct 2007 at 7:22 AM.
    B Arts (Hons)/B Laws

HSC

Hey Ba'al Shem i wanna know what your motive/ aim/ purpose is exactly by posting things which you have no knowledge about.

Is your main aim to mock? is that why your here for?

If that it so.. we could get the party started after HSC; a party like youve never seen before.

Lets just forget differences between muslims and non-muslims for a sec (judaism in your case i sus) and show your RESPECT if you truly have any.

what are you trying to achieve?

HSC

lol you're right, i'm terrible at fighting and arguements. its unfortunate because you seem very good at it! hehe

so does anyone have info about the role of women in christianity? I know very little about it.

HSC
    N/A

In Israel there was a common theme of gender inequality where the husband was the head of the house hold etc. Contrastingly, there were times at which men and women were equal (e.g. compensation for slaves). At other times the author of the biblical narrative (no, narrative =/= fiction) highlights great women including - Deborah (in Judges I think) who was a Judge of Israel (A judge was an important position, was the top position prior to Kingship in ancient Israel) and leader of the Army. There was Michal, first wife of King David, who demonstrated heroic traits in helping her husband escape when I think it was Saul who sent people to murder him. (That would have been in Samual). There were also female prophets such as Miriam, Noadiah, Isiah's wife, Huldah etc.

At the above time the view was different to what the New Testament and the teachings of Jesus say.

The New Testament view is one of mostly equality however there still is the restriction of Women as priests (some churches today allow women priets/ministers). Note, women were allowed to take part in the church such as the deacon Pheobe in Romans(?) and as travelling 'evangelists'.
    Men are still the head of the house, however, the compassionate loving relationship is emphasised:

For wives, this means submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23 For a husband is the head of his wife as Christ is the head of the church. He is the Savior of his body, the church. As the church submits to Christ, so you wives should submit to your husbands in everything. For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her. (Ephesians 5:22-25)

As for rights in the bedroom a mutual relationship is established, "unless you both agree", where both partners give authority of their body over to the other. (1 Corinthians 7:3-5)

However, in the religious sense women are equal to men.
    There is no longer Jew or Gentile,<sup> </sup>slave or free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus. (Galatians 3:28)

I'm not the authority on the issue but that is pretty much my 2cents worth off the top of my head.

btw, ditto, it isn't about arguing...it's about reading properly
    B Arts (Hons)/B Laws

HSC

However, in the religious sense women are equal to men.
    There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus. (Galatians 3:28)
    As well as in islam; gender equality, spiritual equality, responsibility and accountability for both men and women is a well-developed theme in the Quran.

The believers, men and women, are protectors, one of another: they enjoin what is just and forbid what is evil: they observe regular prayers, practice regular charity, and obey Allah and His Messenger. On them will Allah pour His Mercy: for Allah is Exalted in power, Wise. (Qur'an 9:71)

"I shall not lose sight of the labor of any of you who labors in My way, be it man or woman; each of you is equal to the other (3:195)"

Muhammad pbuh

Sura 8:39
    Make war on them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme

Sura 9:73
    O Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites. Be harsh with them. Their ultimate abode is hell, a hapless journey's end.

Sura 9:123
    Fight unbelievers who are near to you.
    (different translation
    Believers! Make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Let them find harshness in you.

(another source: ) Ye who believe! Murder those of the disbelievers....

HSC

^youve got alot of time on your hands. Or just very very bored.
    Last edited by aLIS; 6 Oct 2007 at 2:57 AM.

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A

A hadith i like:

"My servant draws not near to Me with anything more loved by Me than the religious duties I have enjoined upon him, and My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it. I do not hesitate about anything as much as I hesitate about [seizing] the soul of My faithful servant: he hates death and I hate hurting him.”

HSC

thanks for bumping a shit thread

HSC

Interesting to see how the bigotry has developed in the past 10 years! Don't even remember posting here, certainly don't remember the shitstorm that came after.

HSC

Quran 9:29
    Quran 47:3-4
    Quran 2:217
    HSC 2018:

4U Maths --- Advanced English --- Physics --- Chemistry --- Biology

HSC

stone cold 3:16

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information