Afghan Boy With US Dollars Hanged (1 Viewer)

Ba'al Shem Tov

يهوه هو الرب
HSC
N/A
Taliban militants hanged a teenager in southern Afghanistan because he had U.S. money in his pocket, and they stuffed five $1 bills in his mouth as a warning to others not to use dollars, police said Monday. Taliban militants elsewhere killed eight police.

The 15-year-old boy was hanged from a tree on Sunday in Helmand, the most violent province in the country and the world's No. 1 poppy-growing region.

"The Taliban warned villagers that they would face the same punishment if they were caught with dollars," said Wali Mohammad, the district police chief in Sangin.
Wow, killing someone over $1 and not even stealing it. What else can be said other than they are obviously horrible people.

Full article http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jkKFU8CvHoLV5ont_58iLTVBWLVQD8S0ENDO0

jimmayyy

HSC
Schmeag said:
This kind of news isn't new. Of course, nothing like this happens in Western society. And we can certainly be a judgemental as we like, ignoring the circumstances of the regime, the culture, and the law. It's very easy to condemn other regimes from a seat of relatively stability and from the cultural bias of Western society. But what's the point that you're trying to convey here?
typical reply to posts like this. DNT JUDGE TEH BARBARIC RELIGIO-LAWS GUISE, THEY R JUST AS EQUAL AS US.

circumstance, culture and law should never be an excuse for such horrific human rights violations. Sharia law is backward and wrong and anyone who disagrees should live under it for a few years and then talk.

PS. please find me the last time someone was hung for having foreign currency on them anywhere in the west.

EDIT: hanged*. i have good grammer hey.

Last edited:

jimmayyy

HSC
Schroedinger said:
Cultural relativism is a nonsense self-indulgent and self-defeating precept that is as illogical as it is pious.
qft

williams180

HSC
yeh those taliban are still running loose i just hope the USA sorts them out

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Schmeag said:
...the cultural bias of Western society.
Such a strong bias. We in the west are indoctrinated in all the wrong ways. We are such a perverted civilisation that we think that killing a child for possessing $1 is wrong. What is wrong with us? Degenerates if I ever saw them, we are.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
ari89 said:
Such a strong bias. We in the west are indoctrinated in all the wrong ways. We are such a perverted civilisation that we think that killing a child for possessing $1 is wrong. What is wrong with us? Degenerates if I ever saw them, we are.

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
And these religious nuts are strongly supported by some people on this board. I think it is a European conspiracy to promote the use of Euro instead of US Dollar :rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)