Greenpeace urges kangaroo consumption to fight global warming (1 Viewer)

jimmayyy

HSC
some better light and offbeat news:

Greenpeace urges kangaroo consumption to fight global warming

from article:

MORE kangaroos should be slaughtered and eaten to help save the world from global warming, environmental activists say.
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22562480-661,00.html

ahh, the greens, they will never fail to amaze me. i wonder how many cones they pulled before coming up with this. crazy hippies.

Ba'al Shem Tov

يهوه هو الرب
HSC
N/A
Re: Religiously motivated bitch fights are SO last month

Yeah that wrxsti guy really did start some stupid shit.

My dog used to eat kangaroo meat

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Re: Religiously motivated bitch fights are SO last month

jimmayyy said:
some better light and offbeat news:

Greenpeace urges kangaroo consumption to fight global warming

from article:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22562480-661,00.html

ahh, the greens, they will never fail to amaze me. i wonder how many cones they pulled before coming up with this. crazy hippies.
Ahahahahahahahahaha.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I don't understand. Animals and plant decay aren't the cause of global warming. Burning coal and driving cars is.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
I don't understand. Animals and plant decay aren't the cause of global warming. Burning coal and driving cars is.
Cattle require a substantial amount of water and pasture to develop into something suitable for eating and they haven't adapted to the conditions of Australia.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
jb_nc said:
Cattle require a substantial amount of water and pasture to develop into something suitable for eating and they haven't adapted to the conditions of Australia.
Never mind.

Ocoth

HSC
Or, you can just become vegetarian. And last I checked: more plants, more CO2 aborption. :)

Vegetarianism++

And I've only been one since April. (Well, in terms of consumption blatant animal products. How was I to know that glucose lollies and marshmallows contained gelatine (which is dead animals bits)! And if I discount the period I consumed gelatine, that means I've only been one since ... this month. Haha.)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Ocoth said:
Or, you can just become vegetarian. And last I checked: more plants, more CO2 aborption. :)

Vegetarianism++

And I've only been one since April.
Yeah I could do something stupid like that... but I'd rather continue eating food I like.

shona1990

HSC
Ocoth said:

Vegetarianism++

And I've only been one since April. (Well, in terms of consumption blatant animal products. How was I to know that glucose lollies and marshmallows contained gelatine (which is dead animals bits)! And if I discount the period I consumed gelatine, that means I've only been one since ... this month. Haha.)
Perfect. It not only benefits us (which appears to be the only thing anyone seems to be interested in), but also the animals. :)

Can totally understand why they're pushing for it, despite the fact that I don't think we should be eating meat at all.

shona1990

HSC
Then again, that article was ridiculous.

"MORE kangaroos should be slaughtered"
Sounds wonderful, doesn't it? Who uses the term slaughtered in a nice way?!?!

"Changing our meat consumption habits is a small way to make an impact."
How about reducing our meat consumption?

"It also coincides with recent calls from climate change experts for people in rich countries to reduce red meat and switch to chicken"
Oh, that's a great idea. Instead of having animals roam around in a paddock, we'll have them in cages the size of a piece of A4 paper, unable to move. That way we can jam thousands of them into a tiny barn! That's got to be beneficial for our society. Why not breed other small animals like dogs and cats and have them in tiny cages for that exact reason?

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Apparently it's healthier and better for the environment.

But to fight global warming? lol is all I have to say. (The idea of stopping bush fires by creating fires sounded more plausible.)

HSC
I don't have the time to volunteer as a worker, so I do like petitions, donate and get other people to join. I am yet to go to a rally, but I hope to soon. My parents are afraid. lol.

My brother works for greenpeace as a volunteer. $3 per hour to cover for transport. :rolleyes: Yeah ummm as a volunteer you help update the website, update the Greenpeace articles in Wikipedia, help organise the upcoming events and I think he also writes letters to the editors of newspapers ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)