Islamic school closure is 'good lesson' (1 Viewer)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
THE closure of a Muslim school by the West Australian government was a warning to other Islamic schools, the former head of Australia's peak Muslim body says.
The Muslim Ladies' College in the Perth suburb of Kenwick was shut down by WA Education Minister Mark McGowan yesterday for a series of "serious concerns" revealed during a departmental investigation.

The school did not follow the state's curriculum, it employed unregistered teachers, serious questions were asked about the school's financial viability, and some school buildings were shipping containers.

A spokesman for the minister said at one time, students at the school were being given religious instruction 43 per cent of the time.

The school's acting director Zubair Sayed has been arrested and charged with fraud over the alleged theft of almost $356,000 in federal funding from the school.

Ameer Ali, an academic at Murdoch University and former president of the Australian Federation of Islamic Councils, said the government took the right step in closing the school.

"After several warnings, the government has taken action. No one can blame the government for this," Dr Ali said.

"I think it's a good lesson for the other (Islamic) schools across the state.

"They want to enter the field of education and provide some services to the community, (so) they must be up to scratch.

"They should follow the rules of the state to the word and they should not exploit the community."

Dr Ali said Australia's Muslim community already was under the spotlight and this had not helped.

"This is completely tarnishing the image of the community, and already we are in the hot seat ... and this adds to our predicament."

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22898328-29277,00.html

yippee, down with all religious schools :)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Religious instruction 43% of the time? I get SOME religious instruction in a religious school, but almost half the time?

Far out, no wonder Australia's literacy scores are falling behind. Let's hope this sort of thing is not widespread.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Big deal about everything, as if the christian schools are soo good and follow the rules HUH!

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Well they like to keep their funding, so they're generally rather stringent about, say, following the curriculum. As far as I know, anyway.

mahsob

HSC
i dont understand how one school should be a warning to the rest of the islamic schools. Malik fahad an islamic school is comin second in the NSW state. I believe thats keeping up to scratch.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
wtf they aren't second....

there's hornsby/sydgirls/grammar etc on top of them. Come to think of if I don't think they're even top 10.

Nonetheless it was just a bad egg, and everyone gets painted with the same brush,

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Hakz said:
Big deal about everything, as if the christian schools are soo good and follow the rules HUH!
Oh I get it!
We ignore it because you decided to pretend other private schools are the same?

I went to probably the most Christian school in Australia and we definently weren't receiving religious instruction 43% of the time. And we also didn't have such shit standards but you were right. 'Big deal about' not following the states curriculum, employing unregistered teachers and using shipping containers as buildings.

mahsob said:
i dont understand how one school should be a warning to the rest of the islamic schools. Malik fahad an islamic school is comin second in the NSW state. I believe thats keeping up to scratch.
lol wat?
*makes up lies to fit in*

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
mahsob said:

you troll that school isn't coming 2nd liar, maybe in your dream yeah but in reality NO.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
ari89 said:
Oh I get it!
We ignore it because you decided to pretend other private schools are the same?

I went to probably the most Christian school in Australia and we definently weren't receiving religious instruction 43% of the time. And we also didn't have such shit standards but you were right. 'Big deal about' not following the states curriculum, employing unregistered teachers and using shipping containers as buildings.

lol wat?
*makes up lies to fit in*
freak. I went to a shitty public school and it wasn't soo great, what i am saying is that its a big deal now because its a MUSLIM school! You never know what else goes on but once the Muslim word comes in it all of a sudden it becomes a very very important concern to the public. i can name a few islamic schools such as Isik college, sule college that are one of the most outstanding schools in nsw and victoria. They get graduates with outstanding uai's which reflects greatly that the school is complying with rules and regulations.

sXcGuRl69aU said:
bloody fuckin muslim cunts.
Racist person, dont bother posting things like that.

Last edited:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Hakz said:
freak. I went to a shitty public school and it wasn't soo great, what i am saying is that its a big deal now because its a MUSLIM school! You never know what else goes on but once the Muslim word comes in it all of a sudden it becomes a very very important concern to the public.
faggot. (we're playin the pointless insult game, right?) No, its a big deal because they were not following the states curriculum, employing unregistered teachers and using shipping containers as buildings as well as using almost half the time to give religious instruction instead of teaching etc. It is a very important thing to the public because most of us value education and not because we all secretly wish Islam was never conceived.

Judge: You are sentenced to life imprisonment
Muslim: It's because I'm muslim
Anyone: No, it is because you raped and murdered 3 women
Muslim: As if...if I was white I would have been acquitted
Judge: *aboriginal
Edit: lol at you continually editing your post

Last edited:

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
sXcGuRl69aU said:
uh would you mind pointing out to me which part of that post was racist?:confused:
Read my post. See Ari here is a person that read this headline and saw the muslim word and then just swore at muslims huh.

sXcGuRl69aU said:
bloody fuckin muslim cunts.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Hakz said:
Read my post. See Ari here is a person that read this headline and saw the muslim word and then just swore at muslims huh.
Proves nothing. If you read the article you would see that the person who said it acted as a warning was a former president of the Australian Federation of Islamic Councils.

Go play victim somewhere else...possibly the highly moderated Muslim village which deletes any criticism ever made of Malik Fahd. You'd fit in with your strong justification of ignoring minimum schooling standards.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
I read the article, but i guess you dont and wouldnt understand as your not muslim and you dont feel the unfairness that we witness, especially in the last few years.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Hakz said:
I read the article, but i guess you dont and wouldnt understand as your not muslim and you dont feel the unfairness sometimes that we witness.
Wait wait wait...the WA Government and the former president of the Australian Federation of Islamic Councils are committing some gross injustice towards the Islamic community because they closed down a school which breached the most minimum standards and said it acted as a warning for other schools to ensure their standards were high???????????

I completely understand where you are coming from, Hakz. How did I not see that before. And for a second I thought they were actually ensuring the kids would get a real education! Gosh I feel so darn silly right now.

Edit: lol, only a Muslim could understand being hated in a region. Its not like theres some lone theoretical state surrounded by warring theocracies of an opposing belief.

Last edited:

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
whenever the muslim religion is involved its a big deal. I'm not just referring to this article even though the thread title "Islamic school closure is 'good lesson", shows it all, but the thing is ive seen other articles and they always involve our religion in it. They think our religion promotes crap, but it doesnt. Like i read another thread about a French kid in Dubai and they are like saying that our religion promotes the crap that the assholes commited and they think the Dubai legal system is unfair cause of islam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)