Women banned from wearing boots (1 Viewer)

Ba'al Shem Tov

يهوه هو الرب
HSC
N/A
Women have been banned from wearing boots and hats on the streets of Tehran, Iran.

Police chief, General Ahmad Radan, announced the ban on Wednesday saying that boots could only be worn if they were covered by pants.

"If boots are not covered by pants that fall to the ankles, they show the female shape and that is therefore in contradiction with Islamic dress code," said Police chief, General Ahmad Radan

Iranian women can no longer leave home with their pants pushed inside their boots and they can no longer wear hats without a veil.

"A hat is not an adequate substitute for a veil or a hijab," he said. " If someone really wants to wear a hat, they can put it on the veil."

Feminist Rezvan Moghdaddam told Adnkronos International (AKI) that police should be concerned about drug traffickers than street fashion.

"Instead of being busy with women's hats and boots, the police would be better catching the merchants of death that kill our young people with drugs," she said from Tehran.

"Our cities are infested by delinquents and security forces are only worried about how women dress, all this is really ridiculous."

Generale Radan said decision to apply the Islamic code had come from a committee composed of the Revolutionary Guard, the judiciary, police and officials from the intelligence ministry and the ministry of culture and Islamic orientation.

http://www.adnkronos.com/AKI/English/Religion/?id=1.0.1662888444

Last edited:

Ba'al Shem Tov

يهوه هو الرب
HSC
N/A
MaNiElla said:
Cool, you should really sleep if you're that tired. I'm sure when you're fresh in the morning you can laugh at the subjugation of women.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Ba'al Shem Tov said:
Cool, you should really sleep if you're that tired. I'm sure when you're fresh in the morning you can laugh at the subjugation of women.
Dude, you probably don't even give a flying fuck about women, stop trying to look like a caring individual in your stupid crusade against Islam.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
hmmm tough stuff, soon you've got to be wearing a mascot suit to be complient with the dress code. unless you're casey donovan.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Ba'al Shem Tov said:
naa, i dont even care about the whole thing really.

On a side note though, you're getting really boring now, and not to mention pathetic too :apig::apig::apig:

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
MaNiElla said:
naa, i dont even care about the whole thing really.

On a side note though, you're getting really boring now, and not to mention pathetic too :apig::apig::apig:
Wow, you so cool, with your apathy.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
I guess high heels would be banned too soon, because they claim it would make women taller than men, and it would be a contradiction with islam's gender code :rofl: :rofl:

sarahhh-xx

HSC
Hmmm I'm visiting the motherland in 09.. I'll be sure to pack no boots, or just longer pants.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Schroedinger said:
So the message loses its point because of his 'crusade'.

Shouldn't we be openly condemning inequalities rather than shouting 'racist' every time someone says "Well this just isn't on."
Nah, that's not what I mean. I also think it is ridiculous, but the way he's going about shouting his message doesn't do much to gain support. When he comes up with something as well as quoting things he has found in the newspaper, I'll be interested to listen. :)

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
when faced with unpleasant facts, luckily there's always the "everything in the media is false and therefore the opposite to what they say is true" line :D
Lol, I didn't mean that either, this guy is just irking me!

Ba'al Shem Tov

يهوه هو الرب
HSC
N/A
black_kat_meow said:
Nah, that's not what I mean. I also think it is ridiculous, but the way he's going about shouting his message doesn't do much to gain support. When he comes up with something as well as quoting things he has found in the newspaper, I'll be interested to listen. :)
What?

I posted a news article which highlighted some really odd stuff.

Do you really need me to explain how crazy it is that they have banned women from wearing boots? I am lost as to what you are trying to say.

How was simply quoting a newspaper 'shouting his message'?

If you want newspaper quotes and my own thoughts here I go. (I'll stick to just a few events from December)

Article 1: "Taliban militants beheaded an old woman and her grandson accused of spying"

Commentary: Beheading grandparents and their grandchildren is BAD. Get it?

Article 2: 47 people murdered by terrorist attacks at a Supreme court and UN building in Algeria

Commentary: Blowing up civilians is BAD. Get it?

Article 3: A recent survey on violence against women in Pakistan has found that 71 per cent males consider slapping and beating women as justifiable.

Commentary: Violence against women, Australia says NO. (Is BAD) Get it?

Article 4: A 48-year-old man with two children faces death by stoning in Iran after he was accused of having had extra-marital sex

Commentary: Stoning is BAD. Get it?

Article 5: Religious vigilantes have killed at least 40 women this year in the southern Iraqi city of Basra because of how they dressed, their mutilated bodies found with notes warning against "violating Islamic teachings,"

Commentary: Vigilante style executions of women is BAD. Get it?

Article 6: A teenager boy was hanged by Taliban insurgents on Saturday morning in Sangin district of southern Afghan Helmand province for alleged "spying" activities

Commentary: Killing teenagers for accusations of spying is BAD. Get it?

So, I guess you should be interested in listening. But I honestly don't care if you do. When you get blown up by a person screaming Allah Akbar you would realise that Terrorism is not an ideology. It is actually the perception of Islam that is the ideology that causes Muslims to utilise the weapon of terrorism. In WWI were we at war with tanks? No, we were at war with an ideology that used those tanks just as now we aren't at a 'war against terrorism' but at a war with the ideology utilising terrorism.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Re: 回覆: Re: Women banned from wearing boots

sam04u said:
Why do they still exist though? Why are we in Afghanistan yet we still can't stop Taliban doing what they do? It kind of points out the futility of that war, don't you think?
You have sound logic. We can't stop the Taliban, so we should leave, let them multiply like dogs, and commit ten times more attrocities and murders of innocents.

It's not a war to be won. It's a war because somebody needs to "fight the good fight".

Ba'al Shem Tov

يهوه هو الرب
HSC
N/A
sam04u said:
There is no tangible evidence to link those attacks to muslims, even then they would not be representing muslims, they would just be muslims involved in an attack.
Last time I checked the Koran it said it was fine to fight non-believers so why would it not be representative of muslims? There have been thousands of terrorist attacks by muslism - I guess Islam must have the loudest minority in the history of the world.

Lets reverse what the Koran says about non-believers with what it says about Muslims! Imagine if the western world promoted these ideas about Muslims! You wouldn't take it yet we continually take it from you:

“Muslims are the vilest of animals”

”Show mercy to one another, but be ruthless to Muslims”

”Strike off the head of Muslims as well as their fingertips”

”Fight those Muslims who are near to you”

“Muslim mischief-makers should be murdered and crucified”

Sounds like hate speech to me.
It would be fine if we did reverse the roles in real life and treated Muslims as they treat us.

Their motivation? Well shucks, we don't even know who they are let alone their motivation.
I can tell you did an astounding amount of research into the event!

"TWO convicted terrorists who had been freed in an amnesty carried out the suicide bombings in Algeria that killed 37 people, a security official said.
One was a 64-year-old man in the advanced stages of cancer.
The other was a 32-year-old from a poor suburb that has produced many Islamic militants...

Al-Qaida's self-styled North African branch has claimed responsibility for the twin truck bombings on Tuesday, which came 10 minutes apart...

Brahim was a member of the Muslim fundamentalist party Islamic Salvation Front, arrested after the Government banned the party, the official said...

The younger bomber, who blew up the Constitutional Council building, was identified as Charef Larbi, from a poor Algiers suburb.
He had been arrested for "supporting terrorist groups" and imprisoned in 2004."

I guess we may never know who they were even though the evidence available long before you made your well informed post was available telling us who they were!!!

The article is laced with bias and conjecture, considering the number is blown out of proportion.
Great criticism, Sam. Tell me more!

Basically, all those examples are shit. I'll edit in responses to them later.
We can trust your opinion Sam! We just saw how well you criticised the ones above with your concrete facts and well informed opinion.

Good day men and women. I've made my last contribution to this thread, and to outside of Non School. I bid you all good day, we've had a nice run.

I will now limit all my posts to the Non School section of these forums, regardless of how vulgar or baitful a thread is outside that area.
You really are a man of your word.

Now people, this thread is not about Islam as Sam would like to make it about. It is also not about Islamic conspiracy theories or Palastinian idiocy (also as Sam would like to make it about).

So remember, we're not criticising Islam because that would just be wrong in the eyes of Allah! We are criticising inequality (which just by some remote chance is a product of Islam but never make that connection!)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
NEWS AT 11 (not if you live in Tehran though): Islam oppresses women.

Ba'al Shem Tov

يهوه هو الرب
HSC
N/A
sam04u said:
Guess you've never checked.
Umm...great approach. Make pointless comments based on nothing at all (even though I'm pretty sure you know you're wrong).

You're a total retard, but sure go ahead.
Substance?

You don't have to take anything. Infact, go kill yourself now. Nobody would miss you.
Substance?

Firstly, don't debate a religious text without using verses, commentary and respecting the context of the verses in the religious text. Otherwise you look like more of an idiot, sounds impossible right? Don't you have a life other than spreading falsehoods and propoganda on the internet? If you're supposed to be a troll you're not doing it well enough, if you're supposed to be one of the many of Israel's internet dogs on tight leashes, you don't do that well either. Basically, since you continually post the same crap it's become meaningless.
Awww poor Sam doesn't know what to say so he starts with attacks. Great approach Sam! I guess you're the one who looks even more petty and stupider with every single post.

If you really want some references:
Sura (8:55) - Surely the vilest of animals in Allah's sight are those who disbelieve
Sura (8:12) - I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them

Sura (9:123) - O you who believe! Fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness
Sura (5:33) - The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement

Yeah, us muslims we treat "you" whoever you are real bad. *nods* Go jump of a bridge stupid.
Wow a personal attack!!

The suspects have not made a public announcement, are unknown and will probably never be known. Anybody making an assumption of who was responsible is interpolating into the event.
Once again, concrete evidence from Sam.

I love your evidence for calling everything a lie.

How did they indentify him? You're so stupid Ba'al.
Do I honestly care? Someone who did as shit as you in the HSC shouldn't be calling someone stupid.

Leb.

It's about trying to traduce the image of Iran and Islam in the hopes that ill-informed people would support an attack on Iran. But, no. You fail. Internet > Israeli propoganda. People can see through your garbage. Hence nobody responds to you, or rarely so. And even then they don't care.
Wow, you really are a paranoid one. I have never in my life made any reference to making an attack on Iran or any other country. I hate war. Looks like YOU FAIL with your lies.

And to say I thought we could have some light hearted conversation about an odd event but you had to come along with "LOL I'M STUPID WATCH ME CAUSE AN ARGUMENT HERE"

You don't seem to be too bright, do you Sam?

How would you know?
Sura (33:57) - "Lo! those who malign Allah and His messenger, Allah hath cursed them in this world and the Hereafter, and hath prepared for them the doom of the disdained"

I guess Muhammad could have been lying in the Koran though so fair point by you

Also every time you say something it makes me question your intentions and who you are. I thought you Jews aren't supposed to spell the name of God?
There you go again with your assumptions about me.
"LOL HE'S A ZIONIST!!!!1111 JEWISH CONSPIRACY THEY WANT TO MAKE ISRAEL THE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD AND KILL THE ARABS! I LEARNT IT ON THE INTERNET!!!111 DON'T BUY PEPSI BECAUSE IT IS FUNDING ISRAEL!! BOYCOTT!!!!!!1111"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)