40 thrown out of cricket match for unruly conduct (1 Viewer)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22972897-1243,00.html?from=public_rss

Forty boisterous spectators have been booted out of the stadium for throwing missiles during banned Mexican waves and other unruly conduct.

One fan was fined $215 for re-entering the ground after being evicted.
This is clearly because cricket is a boring (goes all day and could be a draw) foreign sport that should be kept out of the Australian sporting psyche. It breeds hooliganism and violent behaviour.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
the gay pc police where out in force at the cricket

apparently skulling beers gets you kicked out

~~This Is Liberty~~ -- john stuart mill

Nick Xenophon

HSC
N/A
I earnestly believe Cricket Australia should adopt an anti-pokies platform to control inflation and rowdy crowds.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
it is so easy to dob on someone to get them kicked out. all you have to do is wave at a security, and accuse some bogan in a bandana of throwing beers at you and 10 cops will come around in no time.

looking forward to the scg test.

ConjOB

HSC
I only heard of this here... i wonder if it happened in an A-league match? There would be a fucken national investigation... fuck the media.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Exphate said:
The A-League incidents have been more...violent.l
i know this because the australian media with vested interests in cricket and the eggball codes tell me so

btw the article i posted is nothing special because roughly that many get chucked out of every cricket match :D

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Morris Iemma should say something about these "thugs" that spoil cricket on what seems to be a regular basis.

Also, Mexican waves are fun. Why are they banned? :(

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
We need riot police, segregated fans and an investigation into hooliganism!
What, and leave those dangerous violent mobs that attend soccer matches to riot and threaten the moral fabric of our society? I don't think so! We need five cops per person at every soccer match!

Of course, we must pay respect to families, so only two cops will be assigned for every child.

Nebuchanezzar said:
Because they're lame. If you're so incapable of paying attention to what's happening on the pitch that you partake in a wave then you should find a different sport to watch.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Trampoline Man said:
What, and leave those dangerous violent mobs that attend soccer matches to riot and threaten the moral fabric of our society? I don't think so! We need five cops per person at every soccer match!
You might've guessed this thread is about the fact that the australian media is run by rednecks and I'm just saying the sort of thing that the media says whenever 1 or 2 people get chucked out of the football, just you never hear these figures for cricket or eggball :D

HalcyonSky

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
i think its because people tend to throw shit without being noticed during mexican waves

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
You might've guessed this thread is about the fact that the australian media is run by rednecks and I'm just saying the sort of thing that the media says whenever 1 or 2 people get chucked out of the football, just you never hear these figures for cricket or eggball :D
You might've guessed I was doing the same thing. :D

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
The disgusting hooliganism of cricket fans reaches a new low:

http://news.theage.com.au/mcg-cricket-evictees-to-be-fined-police/20080211-1rf5.html

Victorian police are cracking down on unruly cricket patrons, threatening to issue fines to all fans they evict from the MCG.

The action follows the eviction of 189 people, including a lone woman, from the ground during Sunday night's one-day tri-series cricket match between Australia and India, because of poor behaviour.

Sixteen of the evictees have been charged,and several more will be charged on summons with a range of offences including drunkenness.

A crowd of 49,329 watched the match.

Superintendent John Cooke, in charge of security at the ground, said while police were generally happy with the crowd some people were not getting the message.

"To ensure the enjoyment and safety of all we will take action against those who spoil the experience for everyone," he said in a statement.

"In the past we have just evicted patrons but now we will issue penalty notices for unruly behaviour and further prosecute through the courts if necessary."

K

katie_tully

Severe boredom has been known to cause people to act out.

Sup', I'll c yas when watching paint dry becomes a national sport.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)