Bhutto Assasinated (1 Viewer)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
PAKISTANI opposition leader Benazir has been killed in a gun and bomb suicide attack on a political rally, news service AP has reported a party aide as saying.

Ms Bhutto was seriously injured in a gun and bomb attack that killed at least 20 people at a rally in the city of Rawalpindi.

It is understood the opposition leader is currently undergoing surgery for wounds inflicted in the gun and bomb attack on a political rally.

"She is injured," party security official Rehman Malik confirmed.

The explosion that hit the opposition leader's campaign rally was a suicide attack, the interior ministry said.

"It was a suicide attack. We don't know the number of casualties as yet. It happened just outside the venue. The attacker blew himself up when people were dispersing after the rally," ministry spokesman Javad Iqbal Cheema said.

Reuters, AFP

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22979273-2,00.html

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Re: Ex-Pakistan Prime Minister Bhutto Killed

I just read about it now. Its so sad :(

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC

OH FUCK! She was the best hope.

Aryanbeauty

HSC

She should have happily stayed here in the UK instead of returning to Pakistan, the World Centre of Terrorism. A woman like her doesn't really have a place in Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

RIP.

HSC

Why is this in Light and offbeat news? Should be in the main News section.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

Sell your stocks in Dell and any other company that outsources right now/

jb_nc

HSC
N/A

Exphate said:
And start buying up on oil
Oil jumped 40c I think.

Gold hit a month high and platinum hit an all time high.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

This shouldn't be in the light news section given that it has a good range of discussion, and it's an important news story. :\

Sad stuff. As one poster above said, she was the best hope. Now she's gone. :(

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
This shouldn't be in the light news section given that it has a good range of discussion, and it's an important news story. :\

Sad stuff. As one poster above said, she was the best hope. Now she's gone. :(

i was then i thought it was gonna be moved.

MODS PLEASE MOVE THIS TO MAIN NEWS SECTION PLz

Collin

HSC
N/A

This news doesn't surprise me the least. Shocking, nonetheless.

RIP, fierce stalwart of democracy.

Now what I'm worried about is a country with 70 nuclear warheads spiraling out of control in the hands of extremists.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Is it possible that Musharraf's leadership...uh, style, can be blamed in part for her death?

retarded777

HSC
N/A
i find the fact that she was assassinated very sad however the woman was accused of mass corruption along with her husband, during her reign pakistan was the 5th most corrupted country in the world...

August 6 1990: President Ghulam Ishaq Khan dismisses Bhutto's government, citing corruption and a failure to control ethnic violence.

November 5 1996: President Farooq Leghari dismisses Bhutto's second administration amid accusations of nepotism and undermining the justice system.

not exactly 'the hope of pakistan'--though the future duznt look bright under Musharraf either...

damn all political leaders...

Last edited:
HSC
^^ i agree.
and as she said so herself, she expected attempts on her life to be made, yet she risked not only her own life, but those of OTHERS.

banco55

HSC
retarded777 said:
i find the fact that she was assassinated very sad however the woman was accused of mass corruption along with her husband, during her reign pakistan was the 5th most corrupted country in the world...

August 6 1990: President Ghulam Ishaq Khan dismisses Bhutto's government, citing corruption and a failure to control ethnic violence.

November 5 1996: President Farooq Leghari dismisses Bhutto's second administration amid accusations of nepotism and undermining the justice system.

not exactly 'the hope of pakistan'--though the future duznt look bright under Musharraf either...

damn all political leaders...
Yeah she was corrupt as they get. Part of the deal she made wth Musharaff was for him to unfreeze the bank accounts that held her ill gotten gains.

Let's stop pretending the Pakistanis are capable of democracy. Geez a large portion of the country is in the hands of tribal savages who harbour al quaeda.

banco55

HSC
By the way anyone else think it's suspicious that there are no videos of the actual murder?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
banco55 said:
By the way anyone else think it's suspicious that there are no videos of the actual murder?
i knew it would only take about 30 seconds for people to start talking conspiracies. she's dead, okay. being shot in the neck will usually do that to you.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Bitches can't hang with the streets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)