Large Hadron Collider - Death Threats (1 Viewer)

Will the Large Hadron Collider kill us XD

• Yes their will be a hole in th earth and it will Kill us

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • No nothing will happen

Votes: 88 82.2%
  • TBD (TO BE Decided) unsure

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

zstar

HSC
N/A
squiresshane990 said:
Im building a bomb shelter cos thats gunna protect me when the black holez start

That's as effective as shielding yourself with an Umbrella.

HSC
Lol. But serioulsy some people are retarded.
Below is one of the many comments about the article-

are you people seriously idiots? The US government and other governments around the world are already 50 years ahead of this technology and already know how to access worm woles/bend time and space/ have technology that far exceeds what this colidor will find. The only difference is they are going public with this Hadron collider now so that they can introduce in new technology to the public and other new scientifically formula's after reproducing "the so called scientifical experiments" which have already been done years ago in secret underground bases. I mean cmon people use your heads, the year 2012 is approaching, climate change is gettin worse, etc etc so this is there way of sayin "hey we found out new ways of energy bla bla bla" you dont really think they are just giong to come out of the blue and say hey we have new high tech technology that we are gona share with you guys, no way, US government arent that stupid, so sit back and enjoy the show people, because the next 4 years are going to be amazing.
Posted by: James freedom of sydney 10:39am today
Comment 19 of 45

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
the comments are gold

Matthew Johnston writes:

The universe did not come about as a result of a 'big bang'.Only Jesus Christ can end the world, not a bunch of scientists. Read your Bible, learn about what happens in the book of Revelations.

Posted at 11:14am today

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
shit!! I hope they look out for the resonance cascade lest we have another black mesa incident.

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
Progress is evil.

still waiting for machines to overthrow mankind.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
^Hasty and risky progress benefits no-one.

I am mildly concerned about the consequences.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
I agree with Neb.
I can't see anything being achieved as a result of this experiment. So we might find out the nature of the energy which makes up a bit of matter. Does that make it any more useful? Not really.

Matter = Energy = Matter (they'll probably conclude what we already know)

That money could have been better used feeding starving people.

(If I'm proven wrong, and something significant and awesome comes from this I'll feel like a major ass. But I'm willing to bet nothing of value will come of it.)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
They're looking for a particular particle that may explain how gravity works.

Farfour

Banned
HSC
N/A
sam04u said:
I agree with Neb.
I can't see anything being achieved as a result of this experiment. So we might find out the nature of the energy which makes up a bit of matter. Does that make it any more useful? Not really.

Matter = Energy = Matter (they'll probably conclude what we already know)

That money could have been better used feeding starving people.

(If I'm proven wrong, and something significant and awesome comes from this I'll feel like a major ass. But I'm willing to bet nothing of value will come of it.)
What? It's going to completely enhance our understanding of physics... this will bring more benefit to the poor through new technologies that can come from it, just as the internet and modern computing and modern communications came from the other CERN experiments.

Dude this is a third of what it'd cost for parts of the US arms program, it's an incredibly intelligent investment of money so that we can link up quantum theory with newtonian mechanics, and then come to a better understanding of our place in the universe.

Gravity, man, gravitons, gravity, do you understand?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It's pretty exciting, but their PR people should be taken out and shot
Hoping to layby my own matter machine and have it by 2012. This will end all fears of impending doom.

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
So we're all doomed to die tomorrow then.
At least we got told beforehand.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
tomorrow it won't even be fired up to its full strength... nor will any collisions occur.

Hypermelon

HSC
exactly. They aren't atom smashing yet. :cold:
wait till October 21st and then we'll see whats right and whats wrong.

I wanted to at least live to see the first pictures taken by the James Webb space telescope. 5 more years

CSundstrom

HSC
Sydney Uni is live streaming the experiment at 7 tomorrow. My physics teacher is taking a few of us :)

Should be fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)