jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Australian Defence Force Abolition Bill 2008.

Go.

Last edited:

Optimus Prime

Electric Beats
Wherevr sentient beings are being mistreated
HSC
I don't see what the problem is, America isn't going to sell anyone the F-22 (well, maybe they'll have to...) and I don't believe Russia would want to sell their 5th generation fighters to us. I don't see why we'd by them either, when none of our allies use them. The only other option realisitcally is the Eurofighter. Also these test are always flawed. From what I remember they were talking about top speed, maneuvrability and acceleration. Russian jets have always been more maneuverable and faster but the American jets have better radar and weapons systems and can engage enemies beyond visual range anyway.

Guess what guyz, rockets are faster than fighter jets too but we don't want to use them.

Optimus Prime

Electric Beats
Wherevr sentient beings are being mistreated
HSC
Kwayera said:
Yeah.

We should grab some Sukhois instead.
Sukhois are really quite good, it's just completely illogical for us to use them. I've never heard complaints about us not using Kalashnikovs even though they are in some respects better than our current guns.

Like, what do they expect? We're going to buy something and it's going to be better than everything forever and ever?

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
I remember Nelson once saying that 95% of the capabilities of the JSF are in the public arena, but that there's 5% which is classified that makes it so important... Anyone have any suggestions as to what that '5%' may be?

HSC
Enteebee said:
I remember Nelson once saying that 95% of the capabilities of the JSF are in the public arena, but that there's 5% which is classified that makes it so important... Anyone have any suggestions as to what that '5%' may be?
Photon Cannons.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Enteebee said:
Avionics, weapons system, radar systems etc. You need to consider that a HUGE part of a modern aircraft is the computer systems that fly it. I think the F-22 is better, hell I think everyone does, but there is no way in fuck they're going to sell them.

Pretty much our only other option would be the Eurofigther.

JSchaefer

HSC
plus for the cost of one f22, i think it was 6 F35 JSF's we could buy...

ASNSWR127

HSC
JSchaefer said:
plus for the cost of one f22, i think it was 6 F35 JSF's we could buy...
But of course in the modern defence arena it is not always necessary to have a lot of jets flying around. Maybe for the pilots such as yourself, more job opportunities I suppose...

I think maybe the Eurofighter is a good option, the problem is the lack of stealth capability but I am sure in our region that isn't so important. After all it is only supposed to be a DEFENCE force isnt it?

JSchaefer

HSC
ASNSWR127 said:
But of course in the modern defence arena it is not always necessary to have a lot of jets flying around. Maybe for the pilots such as yourself, more job opportunities I suppose...

I think maybe the Eurofighter is a good option, the problem is the lack of stealth capability but I am sure in our region that isn't so important. After all it is only supposed to be a DEFENCE force isnt it?
yes, i still think the f22 would be better, it is after all the best tactical fighter in the world by far

Admiral Nelson

Generalfeldmarschall
HSC
We really ought to be getting F-22's. We don't rely on numbers, we rely on quality, and as is, the F-22 is the best.

Until then, intermediary squadrons of F-35's which can be relegated to strike tasks later when F-22's are finally aquired is probably the best choice.

ASNSWR127

HSC
Yes fair point but I was under the impression the yanks weren't going to sell us their baby? Its because of the iminent threat of war between the US and Aus I think (man the Americans are screwed!)

I am still inclined to go Eurofighter for our context (provided there are no more EXTREMELY dubious wars in conjunction with the US anytime soon).

Plus I mean from an aviation point of view I would probably think the eurofightere would be little more 'real' to fly than the F-22's, less computer control etc.

Cheers

JSchaefer

HSC
ASNSWR127 said:
Yes fair point but I was under the impression the yanks weren't going to sell us their baby? Its because of the iminent threat of war between the US and Aus I think (man the Americans are screwed!)

I am still inclined to go Eurofighter for our context (provided there are no more EXTREMELY dubious wars in conjunction with the US anytime soon).

Plus I mean from an aviation point of view I would probably think the eurofightere would be little more 'real' to fly than the F-22's, less computer control etc.

Cheers
true that, you can take away the pilot, the computers on the non manned aircraft in the future may fly faster, hold more G's, and for longer periods of time, but the computer will NEVER match the instincts and reflexes of a pilot.

ASNSWR127

HSC
JSchaefer said:
true that, you can take away the pilot, the computers on the non manned aircraft in the future may fly faster, hold more G's, and for longer periods of time, but the computer will NEVER match the instincts and reflexes of a pilot.

the most sophisticated computer you can put into an aircraft is the human brain. Good luck to you in your flying. I used to take flying lessons (working at a supermarket to pay for it LAME!!) then it got just that too much expensive.

JSchaefer

HSC
ASNSWR127 said:
the most sophisticated computer you can put into an aircraft is the human brain. Good luck to you in your flying. I used to take flying lessons (working at a supermarket to pay for it LAME!!) then it got just that too much expensive.
Thanks heaps man...have u ever thought of the ADF, ADFA? DE?

ASNSWR127

HSC
JSchaefer said:
Thanks heaps man...have u ever thought of the ADF, ADFA? DE?
I am going to be Nursing Officer with the ADF actually.

Large part of it being that they pay for the degree LOL nah seriously its cos you get to help people in some of the most impoverished parts of the world in some of the most extreme conditions. You get to jump out of helicopters for a battlefield retrieval or go in an armored ambulance in the middle of a fire fight in Afghanistan. People pay thousands to jump out of helicopters and I will get paid to do it plus save lives at the end.

I can't think of a better job!

Plus its an officer job so there is all of that added responsibility!

I got into ADFA in my JOES day but pulled out because I had a bit of a life epiphany and decided I could never go and look for someone to kill if you know what I mean? It wasn't being killed that was the problem it was doing the killing.

So now undergrad Nursing with training at RMC at the end!

Cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)