Saudi Cleric urges Muslim women to cover all but one eye (1 Viewer)

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Saudi cleric urges Muslim women to cover up all but one eye

By Haaretz Service

Saudi cleric Sheikh Mohammed al-Habadan has declared that a Muslim veil, or hijab, that covers all but the eyes encourages women to use eye make-up to look seductive, the BBC reported Friday.

Al-Habadan has called on Saudi women to wear a full veil, or niqab, which covers the entire face, including one eye.

The question of how much of her face a woman should cover is a controversial topic in many Muslim societies.

The niqab is more common in Saudi Arabia and the Gulf, but women in much of the Muslim Middle East wear a headscarf which covers only their hair, the BBC reported.

Sheikh Habadan, an ultra-conservative cleric who is said to have wide influence among religious Saudis, was answering questions on the Muslim satellite channel al-Majd.
Source: http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1026273.html

Well they can't drive, so why should they be able to leave the house? Cover up both eyes and not leave at all.

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC
saudi arabia is messed up like that.

none of that crap is actually compulsory in islam.

Letters

Banned
HSC
First of all, this article was published by a Jewish paper, so trust it to be just a tad sensationalised.

Secondly, just because one nut job cleric urges women to do a certain thing, doesn't mean the entire Muslim community thinks the same way.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Letters said:
First of all, this article was published by a Jewish paper, so trust it to be just a tad sensationalised.

Secondly, just because one nut job cleric urges women to do a certain thing, doesn't mean the entire Muslim community thinks the same way.
1) The report was originally by BBC.
2) Ha'aretz is more left than right.
3) I never said it was representative of the entire Muslim community.

Letters

Banned
HSC
JaredR said:
1) The report was originally by BBC.
2) Ha'aretz is more left than right.
3) I never said it was representative of the entire Muslim community.
I never said you did, I'm just putting those points out there because people tend to assume that the word of one nut job cleric such as Taj Al Hilali is the general consensus amongst all Muslims.

Azurie

HSC
Letters said:
I never said you did, I'm just putting those points out there because people tend to assume that the word of one nut job cleric such as Taj Al Hilali is the general consensus amongst all Muslims.
Be quiet you pervert who wants to look at 2 eyes as opposed to one.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
I'm going to reiterate the points made in this thread.

1) It's being sensationalised by Ha'aretz (even though that's generally one of the better Israeli papers) it shouldn't even be considered as news.
2) Clerics say crazy things all the time. Including Christian and Jewish clerics. Does that make it valid enough to be considered worthy of being news? Not really. No.
3) Islam does not condone any of this. Wearing of the Hijab is not even required in Islam. Islam merely suggests the adherents should dress moderately, the Hijab is optional.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
JaredR said:
I never said it was representative of the entire Muslim community.
Right, It's just good to make it clear because these things tend to build up and people begin to form a negative image when this sort of rubbish is continually reported/re-reported.

There was no point in you even echoing that article. What's your agenda?

Letters

Banned
HSC
Seriously Sam, I've got to say, I've got a great deal of respect for you. I don't know what it is, but I just like the way you present your points and opinion.

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC
Letters said:
Seriously Sam, I've got to say, I've got a great deal of respect for you. I don't know what it is, but I just like the way you present your points and opinion.

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
Azurie said:
wash your mouth out with soap scumbag
Saudi Arabia is a shitpile cesspool and anyone who thinks otherwise is a fucking moron.

nagiha

HSC
meh. people like that say shit all the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)