• Latham

Votes: 344 65.4%
  • Howard

Votes: 182 34.6%

• Total voters

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
yep, in response to the other thread, and recent election of latham as the opposition leader i'm am presenting this poll....btw, i choose latham (coz i'm a labour supporter) but then again, i also think that he has more chances of winning the next elections compared to crean or beazely.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Latham is definitely the best choice. He's got strength and he'll be able to pull the party together and hopefully lead them to victory in the next election. You have to have respect for the man though, he went from living in Public Housing and managed to work his way up to lead the labo(u)r party of Australia. You can understand where his ideas about the aspirational class stem from.
I've got nothing against his "foul" language by the way, Keating was just as colourful and had it not been for propaganda from the media against Keating, he would have gotten back in and kept making good public policy. Just read the Daily Telegraph now, it's full of anti-Latham rubbish (and yet he's a columnist for the paper?). If Murdoch and Packer gang up against him then he's probably got little chance, he'll have to make friends with them like Hawke did if he wants to get any further lol :p

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Latham ALL THA WAY....labour is on the way up.

nickw...

HSC
N/A
Latham. I havent read into his policies, but there is no way he can be worse than Howard. If Latham cant do better than crean, then I dont know how Howard will get ...errr fuck of outa PM, there is no real opposition at the moment, its as bad as Iraq....Vote Howard, or Vote for a guy who has no real stance on anything, as opposed to Vote Sadam or have your hands cut of and your family killed.

EDIT: If Latham can get into PM, lets just hope he at leastfrees the refugees, then he'll already be 50 times the PM Howard is.

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
nickw..., 'freeing' the 'refugees' isn't that simple, which is what Labor has realised, as otherwise they would have proposed another viable alternative long before this time.

Latham would be my choice of the two.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Latham + breaking arms = GOOD

Think about this:
Latham: "So about that FTA... I want some changes..."
Bush: "Nah"
*Latham breaks Bush's arm*

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Originally posted by d_carey
Howrard - at least he doesn't go round breaking ppls arms
LATHAM, I reckon he isnt afraid to be human and wrong.. that and howard is a condescending c**t to the ppl bout his policies..sif he can lie bout sh*t and get away with it..

*hopeing latham will break his arm*
:p

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
LOL!! Well, thats very funny in itself, and like Ziff said, his abilities could come in handy with the FTA negotiations ;)

And anyway, he did have a fairly legit reason for breaking the guys arm, and it wasn't done intentionally. The cabbie ripped him off, and then stole his stuff! Justified, LOL. And good on him, taxi drivers such as this one shit me to tears.

Oh, and LATHAM, all the way!

a little lost

relationships pfft
unfortunately any polls taken here would not be able to reflect the general view of the public. Because most aussies probably still prefer howard even if they don't make their opinions heard.
i'm a labour suporter by the way

is a roflcopter
HSC
latham duh

no one likes howard

VOTE 1 greens or the party with the wackiest name in your electorate

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
ahah yeah we'd rather have a lying bastard in power than someone who retrieves his properties

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
in the history of aussie politics i hav neva seen such a DOWN TO EARTH politician like latham..

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by nickw...

EDIT: If Latham can get into PM, lets just hope he at leastfrees the refugees, then he'll already be 50 times the PM Howard is. [/B]
if you read today's smh, it says at some point that Latham does not support an open door policy, and in fact supports our current system (until we find a practical, economically viable solution, i think?).

i don't agree with this at all. i think there definitely ARE better policies to handle aslyum seekers - you can see other countries, particularly in europe, for examples. BUT i don't think an open door policy is exactly smart either - there should definitely be a process. just, a humane process with much less delays.

however, as of right now, i'm really pleased that he's been elected leader of the opposition, despite not agreeing with every single policy of his. whether he lives up to his potential is yet to be seen, but if he manages to make Labor relevant again, good on him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)