Suddam Captured (1 Viewer)

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
i just saw update on channel 7..that they captured suddam in takrit his home town...reports not confirmed yet.

Zahid

More news coming

Huy

HSC
N/A
(Reuters) - Former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein has been arrested, an Iraqi Kurdish representative in Iran says, but the U.S. Defence Department says it can not confirm the report. "I confirm that Saddam has been arrested," Nazem Dabag, representative in Iran of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK), told Reuters on Sunday.

The official Iranian news agency IRNA quoted PUK leader Jalal Talabani as saying that Saddam had been captured in his home town of Tikrit. "The American forces in Tikrit announced that Saddam was arrested on Sunday. The Americans said that they will announce the news officially in the next few hours," IRNA quoted Talabani as saying.

The news agency report was from Qasr-e Shirin in Iran across the border from Iraq. A Talabani aide said the Kurdish leader was in Tehran on his way to France. The U.S. Defence Department said it could not confirm the report. Washington has made Saddam number one on its list of 55 most-wanted Iraqis, and placed a $25 million (14 million pounds) reward on his head.

U.S. officials had said Saddam, 66, had eluded American troops by moving every few hours, probably in disguise and aided by members of his clan. The capture of Saddam would be a major morale boost for U.S. troops in Iraq, who have been under daily attack from shadowy guerrillas, some of whom they believe may have been directed by the former president from hiding.

A U.S.-led coalition toppled Saddam in April. His arrest would be a boost for U.S. President George W. Bush, whose campaign for re-election next year has been imperilled by setbacks and casualties in Iraq.

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsPackageArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=421824&section=news

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3317429.stm

^___^
HSC
WASHINGTON - U.S. military captured a man in the basement of a building in Tikrit, Iraq (news - web sites), during raids seeking Saddam Hussein (news - web sites), and initial efforts to verify his identity indicate he is the deposed Iraqi dictator, U.S. officials said.

ok, its him

^___^
HSC
just waiting for the official announcement..

but i doubt this will end the so call "war on iraq" as this capture did not prove the inital goal of the US government...

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Well ITS OFFICIAL NOW.....WOW he's got a beard....

"WE GOT HIM"

^___^
HSC
DNA proved its him too

but dun they need another sample of him to match it..

where did they get that sample from?

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ...
where did they get that sample from?
Probably saliva (if you have seen the video).

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Generator
I think that he meant the original sample.
Oh okay, maybe they (the US) had it on file, stored away for retrieval in 'extreme' circumstances. :p

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
GW Bush is going to ride this soooo far...
I find it amusing that they found this great man in a hole about 6 feet long. (and they used 600 men in the operation)

by great I mean... able to do greatly terrible things etc etc etc... almost mythical

jk

White tiger
this could be bad also cuz it will do good for brainless bush next year election............. and why don they just find "WMD" shit? if they could find saddam, why not the weapons?? i DO think there must b sumthin going on.... i just tryin not to believe everythin on the tv........

AGB

HSC
i think that the capture of saddam will be very beneficial for 'brainless bush', as you so eloquently, yet inaccurately, put it jk. a man who can lead a nation through such a terrible time is someone who should be admired.

furthermore, he is rebuilding iraq, he has just captured their dictatorial leader who slaughtered thousands and is guilty of ethnic cleansing, and, on the whole, is improving every aspect of iraq over the long term. he should be admired...

i think that people should stop reading the little opinion articles in newspapers of all of those looney, left wing writers, and actually look at the facts about what bush has accomplished during his short time as president, specifically, in iraq.

in addition, he went to yale law school and harvard business school. no one who has no brains gets anywhere near those places, yet alone successfully graduating. but in saying this, all those incompetent little souls will regurgitate what the lefties say - "when daddy is president, you can get anything".....or....."money can get you places" etc etc etc. do you honestly believe this??

back on the topic of this thread, i think it very good news that saddam has finally been captured. i am sure it will reduce the amount of what have been called guerilla attacks, but most definitely not eliminate them. also, the capture of him will most likely answer some questions that have been waiting for an answer for the past few years, most notably (and most hopefully) the wherebouts of the weapons of mass destruction......

all in all, congrats to the US and george bush

Last edited:

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by Bolkonski
GW Bush is going to ride this soooo far...
Yes...all the way to the election booths.
DAMN!!!!!
I'm glad they caught him and all...but gah! Now we have to put up with more of George Bush!

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Originally posted by AGB
"when daddy is president, you can get anything".....or....."money can get you places" etc etc etc. do you honestly believe this??
umm.... yeah!! :rolleyes:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
havent read the above posts (post hsc laziness) but i just wanna say that i still only like 30% believe it is him.
i mean, if they can lie and exagerate about WOMD, surely they can do it about this

my father is so dumb, i had sunrise on this morning (dont laugh, it was all that was on, i refuse to watch the channel 9 one, or cartoons on ten) and they were showing the medical exam and dads like 'its him, its him, yep theyve got him' and im like 'dad, just a few months ago you were on about how many body doubles this guy has, and now you're so sure its him? get real..'

so yeah, i think im a bit cynical about the whole thing.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
I was gonna start this post today, after mum called me out this morning to take a look at sunrise (Never know what you miss if you don't watch the morning news. I didn't know about September 11 till I hopped on the bus andf it was strangely silent, everyone listening to the radio).
But yeah, about time. If what they said is true he'll be tried in an Iraqi court, and probably sentenced to death.
And there'll be repercussions, I'll bet. Even more terrorist acts. And besides Osama remains at large.
Now the US can turn their sites on North Korea or whoever else has WMD (besides them). As one of my teachers said, the US always needs an enemy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)