Should conscription be re-introduced in 21st Century Australia? (1 Viewer)

Should conscription be re-introduced in 21st Century Australia?

• Total voters

Big Boss

Banned
HSC
N/A
I believe this new generation of Australian children has succumbed to greed, fashion, weight problems and other materialistic desires and have ultimately grown weaker over time.
Defining a man who wears tight jeans and flamboyant shirts is an absolute disgrace.
The Australian soldiers who fought in World War I and World War II were the true men and women of Australia.

If conscription were to be reintroduced in modern Australia, those traditional values may be restored and once again Australia would be an indomitable nation.
Just like how children acquire a language easily at a younger age, I also believe Australian children should be trained to fight and kill at a young age.
With these skills their chances of survival would increase.
It would be appropriate to replace their Tonka truck with either a combat knife or a Steyr AUG.

For centuries mankind has been in conflict with its greatest enemy, mankind itself.
Many modern Australian children always fear war and in doing so would perish when a war comes to them.
They take what is given to them as granted.
They must stand up to their fears so I believe all Australian children must confront many of their greatest fears including war and turn it into a strength.

Conscription is therefore the only way this new generation of Australian children can become stronger once again.

Jaylee42003

HSC
I do think the majority of generation y do not appreciate how much sacrifice has gone into fighting for and protecting this country in the past. Conscription is a good way to fix this. Or a walk on the Kakoda track.

yuri_gagarin

Banned
HSC
omg i bet you would know wouldnt you jaylee

EDIT: come back when u have fired a 303, im used to guns but it still rapes me

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Yes, I definitely think that we could benefit from having young men and women undergo military training in general and then some further training in a particular field of expertise.

The only thing that makes the idea a bad one is Australia's recent history of being involved in wars of conquest. A safeguard in place which would allow men and women to receive military training only for defensive wars, minor peace keeping missions and war games would be acceptable.

Especially with the international tension at present, and a rising unemployment rate it's insane that such measures haven't already been put in place. Increasing the defense budget and upgrading military equipment alone is not enough.

yuri_gagarin

Banned
HSC
i dont think past servicemen fought and died so their grandchildren could be conscripted into the army 60yrs later to fight wars they probably wont even agree with

im sure any of the veterans would urge any of us not to go to war because they wont want anyone else to see the shit they saw. if australia came under direct threat then this would obviously be neccessary, but if that were the case i think there would be plenty of VOLUNTEERS who would enlist the defend the country.

one of the main reasons why mateship and courage etc were attributes of former australian servicemen was because they were volunteers and were there on their own account, not being forced by the government. obviously vietnam is an exception but look what happened there. people were divided over conscription and this hurt the overall war effort.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
i dont think past servicemen fought and died so their grandchildren could be conscripted into the army 60yrs later to fight wars they probably wont even agree with

im sure any of the veterans would urge any of us not to go to war because they wont want anyone else to see the shit they saw. if australia came under direct threat then this would obviously be neccessary, but if that were the case i think there would be plenty of VOLUNTEERS who would enlist the defend the country.

one of the main reasons why mateship and courage etc were attributes of former australian servicemen was because they were volunteers and were there on their own account, not being forced by the government. obviously vietnam is an exception but look what happened there. people were divided over conscription and this hurt the overall war effort.
hivemind.

Jaylee42003

HSC

we're short on soldiers as it is. what makes you think ppl will sign up when there IS a war and the enemy is threatening to drop a nuclear bomb on Australia?

Psht. Make the most of the time we have left. Loot. etc. fuck going to war. we're all going to die anyway.

...that's the opinion i rkn a lot of ppl might have.

yuri_gagarin

Banned
HSC
we're short on soldiers as it is. what makes you think ppl will sign up when there IS a war and the enemy is threatening to drop a nuclear bomb on Australia?

Psht. Make the most of the time we have left. Loot. etc. fuck going to war. we're all going to die anyway.

...that's the opinion i rkn a lot of ppl might have.
you have a pretty deluded and poor opinion of your peers

what makes you so different

Edit: wot are you on about

i can not see any one threatening to "drop a nuclear bomb" on us

Lentern

HSC
I would suspect that conscription would increase the chances of mutiny/rebellion etc by like, a gazillion percent. If North Korea was invading New Zealand or something than perhaps but in a stable democracy with no immediate threats I think the last thing you want to do is give a million young, fit people state of the art weapons then make them do something they don't want to do.

kawaiinlove

HSC
No, I don't believe in conscription but if a war was introduced I think there should be education about why one should join the army. I don't mean propaganda but maybe awareness of what could happen if we don't have enough soldiers.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
No, we should be moving towards completely abolishing our military.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
The question is should we have universal conscription?

Long are the days of fighting each other; these petty fueds are frivilous compared to the inter-gallatic war that approaches! We must unite, for Earth!

or the inevitable fight against machines for the remaining city of Zion...

Last edited:

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
"The enemy is anyone who is going to get you killed, not matter which side he's on."

Conscription is nothing more than institutionalized slavery. If I was conscripted I would "betray" Australia to the enemy at the first available opportunity. Not that I would consider it a betrayal, because I never signed up to be part of Australia, let alone its military. A bunch of thugs that call themselves the government have simply told me that I am forced to be part of this organization. Well fuck them.

Who is to say that the so called enemy is any more of an enemy than our own government? Both parties' claims to sovereignty over the land and people currently known as Australia are illegitimate.

Who's the chick in your avatar?

Nikster10

HSC
I believe national service should be introduced, with basic training which will help with issues such as dislapine (srry for spelling). For example a year or two compulsory miltary training, however can also serve when Australia is attacked or volunteer to serve in peace keeping missions. Traditional values and respect might be restored.

Other alternatives maybe making reserves compulsory for x amount of years or make the gap year compulsory.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Fuck off, the government should have no right to force me to risk my life for a stupid country, fighting in a war I more than likely will disagree with.

Our grandparents fought so we wouldbn't have to, not so that we would be forced to.

raise soldier salaries, make the army more inviting, do whatever is necessary to get more people to join, but forcing people is fucking evil.

Last edited:

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
haha yep, she is fucking crazy, no fear of humiliation or rough stuff whatsoever.

yay, thread hijacked, which is good, since its an evil idea.
There's a market for girls who are willing to lick toilet seats, she supplies and happily recieves compensation :)

And yea, screw conscription. I'd flee to the outback.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
I believe national service should be introduced, with basic training which will help with issues such as dislapine (srry for spelling). For example a year or two compulsory miltary training, however can also serve when Australia is attacked or volunteer to serve in peace keeping missions. Traditional values and respect might be restored.

Other alternatives maybe making reserves compulsory for x amount of years or make the gap year compulsory.
Those were some of the ideas behind compulsory schooling. I'm wondering if you missed out?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)