the pwrful media (i.e. tv, newspaper, etc) (1 Viewer)

jayz

walking
personally, i believe the media is an extremely influential medium terms of making an ordinary person lyk me to believe in sumthing where i noe nothing about. i reckon soon enough the media networks will be even more pwrful (in terms of 'brain washing' ppl) than the government itself. u?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
There has never been a doubt in my mind that the media can heavily influence the minds and opinions of the public, especially teenagers that's why it's important to have your own ideas and opinions.

AGB

HSC
but...but....but what they report is always true!!

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by jayz
personally, i believe the media is an extremely influential medium terms of making an ordinary person lyk me to believe in sumthing where i noe nothing about. i reckon soon enough the media networks will be even more pwrful (in terms of 'brain washing' ppl) than the government itself. u?
the government has never had an influence on me but that is because i'm an ignorant fuck when it comes to politics (though it's not something i'm particularly proud of)

and loz is right, media has -and always will be- a big influence on society

^___^
HSC
media is the most influential medium to any human beings from toddler to elders

thats why the old chinese communist government was really concern with the stuff they release..

but now its a lot better

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
because Alan Jones is ALWAYS right! :p

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
Yeah, i'll ring him up tomorrow. that is if i can get up before 9 :p

ages ago, i used to watch him on the Today Show spewing out whatever. I didn't really understand what he was saying, but I remember thinking how irrirating he sounded.

but back to the issue of powerful media, he does have a lot of clout. pollies try to get him on their side, cos he influences a large proportion of sydney. and a lot of them blindly take his word.

chelloveck

i'm feeling fat and sassy
fenner hall. perving on mcdickpants across the roa
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
There has never been a doubt in my mind that the media can heavily influence the minds and opinions of the public, especially teenagers that's why it's important to have your own ideas and opinions.
how do you pull your own opinion? you may say by only taking some of what the media puts forth...but how do you know what to take?

AGB

HSC
yeah i know......he so blatently favours liberals (not that theres anything wrong with that :p). every tuesday morning he has an interview with john howard and just showers him with praise, then whenever bob carr comes on he gets crucified......soooooo, all of a sudden, all of the little old grandmas that love listening to him dont really like bob carr that much and they love john howard.....

although i listen to him (purely coz its a concise version of the news in the morning) i think the huge influence he has is pretty bad. there are so many people out there who just virtually regurgitate whatever he says. one man should not have that much power...

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
well, they don't call him a shock jock for nothing. though according to the latest ratings, he's gone down a little. mike carlton from 2UE is more of a lefty, and angela catterns from 702ABC doesn't sound as political, and they seem to be gaining popularity.

so maybe there is hope for us all.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
i dont think ordinary citizens should be involved in politics, cant c ne point in it....

oh and whats left and right wing again?

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
ok thanks

interesting nick; I'm not stupid!...the bored of studies just doesn't appreciate my brand of intelligence...

AGB

HSC
Originally posted by chelloveck
...both are stupid and fueled with too much emotion to make any sense
hmmmmm......i have never heard it defined like that before :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)