Why are atheists on this website always attacking Christianity? (1 Viewer)

banipal753

HSC
I understand that Christianity is the dominant religion in Australia, but it is right also to acknowledge that Australia has a diversity in culture and faiths. For this reason i am bewildered as to WHY Christianity, moreso monotheistic faiths, are targeted? There are many other faiths out there atheists can target, like the immanent Buddhism and Hindu faiths, or perhaps atheists may decide to take a turn at questioning the "innovative" jediism faith emerging or the "Wiccan" faith (witches and stuff).

And i ask that you maintain your maturity in answering this question and not fire offensive remarks towards Christianity

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
Because there are few followers of other faiths on this website, to defend themselves. No one is interested in a one sided debate. Do you propose we make proclamations condemning Jainism, into the void?

If people of some other faiths joined up to this website and started posting, we would give them shit as well.

Can't you figure this stuff out yourself?

banipal753

HSC
Well that would be a pretty drastic assumption to make, who are you to say that there is not one Wiccan or Jediist out there on bos? And for that matter, Scientology is much more popular, you could "give them shit"?

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
I'm sure there are, but they don't actively post in the religion threads. None of them have joined a discussion thus far. There is nothing to respond to.

Can't you see how absurd it would be to provide a critique to a question no one was asking?

banipal753

HSC
Perhaps if discussions were targetted more towards them and less towards Christianity, they will appear.

Can't you see that they have no reason to participate when they aren't provoked as Christians often are.

Can't you see how absurd it would be to provide a critique to a question no one was asking?
If people didnt offer critiques at times, despite not being asked, we would have ourselves a very stagnant society, lacking all means of progress my friend.

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
Why don't you write a polemic if you hate jews so much?

banipal753

HSC
I am merely asking that atheists understand there are more faiths out there to attack besides Christianity, and i believe solely provoking Christians is a sign of ignorance.

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
I am merely asking that atheists understand there are more faiths out there to attack besides Christianity, and i believe solely provoking Christians is a sign of ignorance.
Have you heard of this thing called islam?

banipal753

HSC
Yes, but once again, it all revolves around the monotheistic faiths, the Almighty being that the discussions revolve around, i rarely see discussions about Vishnu, Buddha, or the New Age faiths, perhaps the comic book Scientology would be a change for this board?

lolrofllol

HSC
Insecurity in the belief that our conscious minds and our moral absolutes are a result of cells which tried to digest other cells and ended up with mitochondria to respire.

banipal753

HSC
Insecurity in the belief that our conscious minds and our moral absolutes are a result of cells which tried to digest other cells and ended up with mitochondria to respire.
Im not too good with biology, so i dont know if that is right, but im assuming you are right, in that case, who is responsible for this process?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
All i can say is i have never had my lunch disturbed by a wiccan, muslim, buddhist or scientologist. Every time they are christian and everytime after half an hour of being told how unhappy i am and how i am going to burn in hell if i don't come to their bible group my lunch is cold.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)