Child-Free Zone (1 Viewer)

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
"Not bearing a child is blasphemous enough, not liking them is tantamount to infanticide"
Did anyone see this article in the Sunday Telegraph's Sunday Magazine? It talks about how an increasing number of women are consiously choosing not to have children and are pretty much condemned for it and labelled as selfish.
Anyone think it might have something to do with the government's maternity leave policy, which encourages women to stay away from work as long as possible? Women are wanting to have a stable career life and are sacraficing bearing a child to do so.
Opinions ... ?

Ziff

HSC
N/A
It's the Telegraph, ignore it and it'll go away. The bad nightmares are over...

There's no need to have children, there's overpopulation as it is and if you really wanted to up the population, you'd allow the asylum seekers in. It's all part of Howard's agenda to enforce the morals of the 50s upon society, keep the women in the kitchen and breeding so they shut the fuck up :p

Who made that quote anyway?

Women have the right to have a child, they also have the right not to have a child, they have the right to abortion for that reason. Women who chose a career are often doing much more beneficial things for society over those who choose to raise children, of course both have the scope to do great things for society, but choosing a career allows it to happen in different and more obvious ways.

Not like it matters, we have science, soon enough we won't need to bother with the problems of child-birth, just gestate them in a box!

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Originally posted by Ziff

Who made that quote anyway?
A woman called Madelyn Cain, author of a book called The Childless Revolution

Ocker

The world is over-populated anyway, and judging by the pics of the said women, they would have the sort of children the world doesn't need anyway - yuppies.

Yeah, judge not lest ye be judged, blah blah blah :p

Ziff

HSC
N/A
The world needs more girls like Jenna and Barbara Bush, two wild hotties with University degrees and a lot of cash.

(The Hilton Sisters pale in comparison).

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
was that an ironic quote, or a serious one?

i hate kids. except my little sister, she's the best.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
If people don't want to have kids, it's their choice and unless the government takes a page out of Hitler's book and starts handing out incentives to make couples have children, they really can't do anything about it.

MoNNiE

HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
have u been reading Brave new world? :D
blah keep BNW away from here!
i think it's stupid how our governemnt is trying to get couples to have babies.. it's just abnoxious... in the world there are too many ppl!
why doesn't out government just let people from other countries migrate!! but then again.. i can see the down side of that..

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
It may have something to do with the fact that kids tend to consume your whole life for 18 years. I have heard that the average cost of a child is upwards of $700,000. Who would want that kind of debt?

I'm just saying maybe it's nothing to do with maternity leave and more to do with the fact that people are more selfish. I am not in any way saying that being selfish is a bad thing either.....

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
First the government whinges about there not being enough housing and resources and other problems caused by too many people, then women are condemned for not having enough kids. Egh.

Not all women want kids. I know I don't. I know from experience babysitting and with younger siblings that I'd make a shocking mother. All my kids would grow up needing therapy or something.

The bastards from the media are trying to dictate our lives. "Squeeze out thirty million children or you're selfish." "Buy lots of expensive make up or you'll be ugly". It's all crap, women should have a right to choose without being judged!

Alexander

Gold Member
I dont agree.
Even if we are overpopulated the issue would be to lower the growth rate, which is invariably immigration. But dont be...silly enough to believe that we dont need to breed. Maybe you guys havent heard of australia's dialema---an ageing population---a result of not having kids. I assume that you also havent heard of the consequential issue---social security and gov. inability to pay if we are a country of fuddy-duddies.
The pollys are rightly thinking of the economy. All countries need sustainable economies which means lots of kids who will grow into new workers.
I dont think they're asking toooo much if they want more sex....volunteers anyone?

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
well i think its gay!! if people dont want to have kids its up to them... people can always adopt

or better even the government could let a few refugees in the country if they want a population increase!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Immagration is the most practical solution ot the aging population, controling the age of immigrants however, poses a problem since the older immigrants are more likely to have better qualifications.

Alexander

Gold Member
Naw, the younger ones are up-to-date with the latest tech. Immigration also evokes cultural-identity issues which could be way curbed if we only start a lill lovin.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by SKA
well i think its gay!! if people dont want to have kids its up to them... people can always adopt

or better even the government could let a few refugees in the country if they want a population increase!
Your argument is so in-depth. Where can I buy your video?

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Originally posted by SKA

Please don't discredit our side of the debate by bringing homophobia into it

Ziff

HSC
N/A
BNW is the depiction of a perfect society. No matter your caste. Of course, from the perspective of an outsider I would prefer to be an Alpha-Plus. The chances of me being an Alpha-Plus if we were in BNW right now are about 100% ;)

Yeah, Ska, this is another thing you should be thinking about for English: how you construct your arguments and the language you choose...

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
bahahaha... u guys are funny
sorry.. i never say the right thing... i guess thats my problem.. i say things without thinking aboiut it

every 1 tells me i should be a motovational speaker (if thats how u spell it) coz i allways come up with good comebacks jejeje

ow n btw i wasnt really talking about homophobia i was just using that word as a synonym for stupid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)