Should we raise the drinking age? (1 Viewer)

Should the drinking age be raised?

• Total voters

0bs3n3

HSC
Given the increase in alcohol-related violence, do you think it's high time we raised the drinking age back to 21?

0bs3n3

HSC
It was suggested in your post and you voted in a public poll. Fuck.
yeaaah just lost all credibility. Should have made an option for I don't care what age it is....Not a major stepping stone to me, doesn't really open up any more opportunities.

kelraldo

HSC
They should wait till l turn 21 first then raise it....

HSC
Aaaaaaanyway, in my opinion, it won't make any difference. If people want to drink, they're going to drink, just the same as it is now, get fake IDs or older people to buy the alcohol.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
IMO, raising the drinking age would just result in more underage drinking. Like for example, the prohibition in america did little prevent alcohol consumption. On the contrary, it encouraged it and resulted in more crimes such as bootlegging, smuggling, illegal comsumption etc.

melaniestrollll

not really a troll
HSC
IMO, raising the drinking age would just result in more underage drinking. Like for example, the prohibition in america did little prevent alcohol consumption. On the contrary, it encouraged it and resulted in more crimes such as bootlegging, smuggling, illegal comsumption etc.
increased opportunity for prosecution!

M3riJaan

Another Member
HSC
lol so lets lower it, and maybe people will get bored and stop??

Amogh

HSC
N/A
Aaaaaaanyway, in my opinion, it won't make any difference. If people want to drink, they're going to drink, just the same as it is now, get fake IDs or older people to buy the alcohol.
Ye
On the contrary, further steps should be taken to actually enforce this law.
heck i know loads of people who drink underage

Yes.
change it after im 22
lol

0bs3n3

HSC
Yes, they can still get it, but they will have to stay away from clubs, no? There is at least some merit to it.

aussie-boy

HSC
Given the increase in alcohol-related violence, do you think it's high time we raised the drinking age back to 21?
Yeah because its the young kids out for a good time who are the principal perpetrators of alcohol charged violence

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
Yes, they can still get it, but they will have to stay away from clubs, no? There is at least some merit to it.
Clubs: A highly regulated, well lit environment with extensive security.

Alternatives: Parks, on the streets, beaches and various public places where teenagers are totally at the mercy of whatever strangers frequent these areas, where there is no regulation or security, and where drinkers cause a nuisance to local residents.

hmmm, which is preferable?

will-anal

Banned
HSC
I wonder what the statistics are for alcohol related violence in terms of age groups. If there is a substantial amount of violence caused by people over 21, they can suck my wang.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)