Georgian Luge Athlete Dies (1 Viewer)

pman

Banned
HSC
they could have saved his life with padding parrallel to the track down both sides before the girder things, he just would have been skaken and prob had some broken bones but he would have been alive!

pman

Banned
HSC
Why is this even a sport?
because it actually takes skill (unlike skelton which takes skull (cwhatididthere), you have to steer an insanely fast sled down a mountain without falling off. how they came up with it I'm not sure but it is good to watch

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
who cares summarises my views

moron slides down ice at 150 km/hr and dies

wow, that was unexpected. we need a 120 hour probation period and slider education!!!

Gday m8

Banned
HSC
N/A
m8s stfu. these cunts were stupid cunts and deserve to die coz they couldnt make it in da real world. fuck them m8

Last edited:

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
Terribly sad, and a horrific way to die, but it really was going to happen at some point. In fact, it already did, around 40 years ago. That sport is completely insane.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
they could have saved his life with padding parrallel to the track down both sides before the girder things, he just would have been skaken and prob had some broken bones but he would have been alive!
It might not have done anything anyway, he probably still would have died.

I think it was a bit hard for them to foresee that type of accident. Its the first death in 50years, and lugers very very rarely come off the tracks, and this one was spectacularly high.

I just think its a tragedy, they were pushing hard, trying to make the track really fast and hardcore, and maybe it was just too fast and poorly designed?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
we need to do mandatory psychological testing on these athletes before any more die, and raise the drinking age above the oldest athlete there in case they were slide-drinking

pman

Banned
HSC
m8s stfu. these cunts were stupid cunts and deserve to die coz they couldnt make it in da real world. fuck them m8
they couldn't make it in the real world....bet you would haven either the time nor dedication to develop that much skill

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
would have been more heroic if he died during the actual game, not training...

poor guy :(

NoName91

HSC
Death happens in these sports. People die climbing and cliff diving as well - don't think it's just limited to the luge. Some athletes push themselves to the extremes for the thrill of it. As sad as this is, they are aware of the risks involved beforehand. A tragedy nonetheless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)